LaunchBox Community Forums

Rejected Game

SolidEggen

Alright, and now all previously automatically rejected games are being pushed through the moderation queue. From what I can tell, we are good to go now. Again, sorry for all the trouble. Glad there was no data loss. :) Of course, let me know if you guys run into any additional issues. Now we can go back to improving things. This latest deploy should include the platform changes.

Hi Jason. I just checked my Changes Status in the Database and all metadata (Name, Platform, ReleaseYear etc.) for the rejected submissions has been reset to 0 with the fields all marked as Pending. However all associated images (Box Fronts, Screenshots etc) are still marked as Rejected.

• 2 weeks later...
I think we need to be more strict who can moderate things. Maybe after 300-500 accepted entries or something, you are allowed to moderate. As it is right now it's 25, I think? That's only 2 or 3 games I believe. Anyone can do that, but I don't think just anyone should moderate. I haven't had anything rejected yet, but I have a few games where someone tried to reject it when it shouldn't have been. I am also seeing too many things get accepted that should have gotten rejected. So, I'm sure too many things get rejected that should have gotten accepted as well. I would also like to see an option to moderate by platform for people who have more knowledge about certain platforms, they can stick to moderating those. Maybe that is part of the problem, I don't know. But one thing that would help a lot is field to type a NOTE to the moderator explaining the change. EDIT: Where is the guidelines by the way? I can't seem to find it. EDIT 2: Also, I am seeing way too many entries for someone trying to replace cover art that is in worse quality than what they want to replace. Maybe it's all one or two people, I don't know but I fear these things will get accepted and have gotten accepted.

I personally would prefer required commenting with username and stuff, at least for changing existing entrys. Maybe they had valid reason to reject, which you don't know of, or they don't get why/what you want to change/improve. I'm getting rejections on a change of my recently approved PS1 Resident Evil clearlogo for example. I had to fix it due to white background colour, where it needs to be transparent. So I uploaded the fixed version and it got rejected, because you can't tell the difference from the moderating page, which is obvious when shown in Big/Box/Launchbox. The majority of the rejection problems I came aware of, come from missing conversations DURING the moderating process.
  • Like 1

There was no valid reason to reject my game entries and they were all accepted, but the one title change I have is debatable. I didn't know we were just going by box art according to the examples. I proposed changing "3D World Runner" on NES to the actual title of the game "The 3-D Battles of WorldRunner", which was only shortened on the USA cover box according to the wiki. In-game the menu has the full title. Either way, the current title is still incorrect as it should be "3-D WorldRunner", not 3D World Runner. In your case it would really help to if we had the "Note to Moderators" field option for making changes, so you can explain to people the change before they blindly reject it.

Thanks guys. We're definitely going to add submission comments soon, as well as post an official rules page of sorts. These are on my short list. :) The problem with restricting moderators is that we're having trouble getting enough moderations through, as-is. So we may be able to do that eventually, but for now we need all the moderators we can get.

That's great you guys are gonna put a comment field for moderators. That will help a lot on both sides. The only thing I am a little confused about is what some games are considered duplicates or not. I saw one person submitted a change to delete "Street Gangs" PAL for NES as a duplicate because it's the same game as River City Ransom (USA). I know if the games have changes they should both be in the database, but what if they are basically the same game with a different name and region? I would think they should both be in the database so it matches the games accordingly in LaunchBox. The database isn't going to label Street Gangs PAL rom as River City Ransom, because I assume it tries to match via filename.

Yeah, we should probably wait on deleting duplicate games with different names until after we add the "alternate titles" functionality to the database. Eventually we'll add that option and you'll be able to search on any of the alternate titles (and map a specific title to a specific region).
  • Like 1