LaunchBox Community Forums

I had made my own PS3 art a while ago but figured this thread was dead and nobody else was using the theme anymore. Thank you guys, truly awesome stuff.

Sony Playstation 3.jpg

Edited by polybius22
  • Like 1

Updated my original posts with better Xbox and Xbox 360 backgrounds (better shadows, used higher reso console images and added an OG Xbox Duke variant)

Xbox 360 slim variant below (thanks Tmack). Anyone have Commodore 64? I hacked one together but the games in the background are actually Amstrad 64 games.

Microsoft Xbox 360.png

Commodore 64.png

Edited by polybius22
  • Like 1

messed around and created a new metallic theme banner for Arcade. It's a lil busy but I love it, filled with lots of capcom, snk, sf, darkstalkers, redearth, marvel chars

Arcade.png

Edited by tmack89
words.

This stuff looks a bit more like my own (yes, I have a centipede cab! ;))

Arcade Games (Centipede Cabinet)
Nintendo Switch (Red and Blue)
Super Nintendo (NTSC Version) [Edit: Niglurion already had one of these done in the "Alternate_Versions" zip. Here's a NTSC SNES jr instead]

Arcade Games.jpg

Nintendo Switch.jpg

SNES-Model-2-Set.png

Edited by polybius22
  • Like 3

These are awesome! Thank you :)

BTW Polybius - any chance you might do 1 or 2 more classic arcade cabinets like space invaders, asteroids, etc to go along with Centipede? If they all had that same angle it would be awesome (I'm envisioning multiple fanarts for the arcade platform that way each time you scroll over it you get a different cabinet). If not no big deal. Just thought I would be a cool effect (or on the chance someone wanted a different cabinet)... even just the blank background might be helpful so I or others could make our own like some of the no device versions further up the thread. Thanks!

Hell yeah, I'm a sucker for the arcade stuff! Hard to find good quality images at the right angle though. Here's a couple for us to try out.

Asteroids.jpg

Galaga.jpg

1612750371_DonkeyKong.jpg.d1e68bf363b4f005eceaf29f1df4d62b.jpg

Edited by polybius22
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

can you remind me exactly which folder these go in? it's been so long I can't find them. I put these in Launchbox/Images/Platforms/(same console as pictured)/Fanart

do I have to rename the pic?

That would have been my first guess too, but for me it is actually Platforms/Arcade/Device. I removed any arcade images in Themes/Metallic/Images/Platforms/Fanart as well. Any names will work.

Can you put together a background screen for a 3DO system?  Im currently adding that to my collection and would love it to match all your other great additions.   Thanks! 

On 7/19/2019 at 10:31 AM, RandyMackDaddy said:

Is there a NEO GEO background? 

See below

1 hour ago, RandyMackDaddy said:

Or, how do i look for the console images within the theme?  Someone mentioned they are all in there somewhere

They can be located iin CleanBG/Images/Platforms/Fanart

SNK NeoGeo.jpg

3 hours ago, tmack89 said:

See below

They can be located iin CleanBG/Images/Platforms/Fanart

SNK NeoGeo.jpg

Yep the complete path for me:

D:\LaunchBox\Themes\CleanBG\Images\Platforms\Fanart

• Thanks 1