niglurion

CleanBG Theme

View File

Clean Theme with large systems. 

Video:

Instructions:

• Extract archive in "LaunchBox\Themes"
  • Choose CleanBG (or CleanBGnosystems) in Options > Views > Theme
  • I advise to disable "show Filters Favorite Games" in Option > Views.
  • I advise to change Options > Transitions > Filters Game Boxes Transition to "Slide Vertical"

Files:

1. CleanBG.zip: theme
  2. CleanBGnosystems.zip: theme without plateforms images

• Like 7

Is there a tutorial on how to install this?  I'm not a dumb guy, but I don't get anything like the pictures.  I've tried copying "CleanBG" contents from the zip file to Launchbox/Themes (so it's there alongside the "Default" folder.   I then change the view/theme in BigBox options, but still doesn't work.  What are the other zip files for?  e.g., bg.zip and bg+system.zip?

4 hours ago, deanord said:

Is there a tutorial on how to install this?  I'm not a dumb guy, but I don't get anything like the pictures.  I've tried copying "CleanBG" contents from the zip file to Launchbox/Themes (so it's there alongside the "Default" folder.   I then change the view/theme in BigBox options, but still doesn't work.  What are the other zip files for?  e.g., bg.zip and bg+system.zip?

You've got some instructions in the initial post and what are others files: 
2016-08-16_08h03_55.jpgLike Jason said, you have to manually change every image (for backgrounds), there is no automatic solution for this at the moment.
You have 2 choices: 

1 - Use Launchbox and in Tools > Manage Plateforms import the background as Fanart (choose your plateform, and in images panel, right click > add image and after that, set it as "fanart")

Just like that:

2016-08-13_21h11_53.jpg2 - Or using Windows Explorer. Just past the right background in the right folder, in launchbox/images/plateforms/<plateform>/Fanart
2016-08-13_21h13_10.jpgI hope it's clear for you :) 

• Like 1

Even better now, maybe a little more work to do but it works great and you will not need to change the default images you have.

With the new beta update of bigbox new themes can have their own Platform images without changing defaults ones. That provides more customization but also means that if you change the theme and the Fanart doesn't match with it you will not need to change manually every time those images for others.

How it works/Steps:

1. Copy from the Lauchbox directory "\Themes\Default\" the folder "Images" to any old Theme folder you want to set an unique platform image set. This "Images" folder will only apears if you have the last beta version of Bigbox installed.
Example: Copy the folder "Images" inside "C:\Launchbox\Themes\Default" to "C:\Lanchbox\Themes\CleanBg"

2. Navigate to the "Fanart" directory inside the new folder you have just copy.
Example:  "C:\Launchbox\Themes\CleanBG\Images\Platforms\Fanart\"

3. Copy all the backgrounds to the "Fanart" directory

4. The "hard" work came now. You need to rename all background images to match your currently Platforms names.
Example: Rename "bg-nintendo-game-boy-advance.jpg" to "Nintendo Game Boy Advance.jpg"

5. Profit

If you like the same backgrounds for other themes you can directly copy the new Image folder with all the fanart images already renamed to that particular theme.

yes, when the next official update will be pushed, this theme will be repack like that. Nothing to do on you side. We talked about it severous time already, in another thread :$ It's a very new option for theming BigBox (and the best).

But for now, we assume the large part of users don't use the beta version. So... wait :P

Edited by niglurion

• 2 weeks later...