LaunchBox Community Forums

New theme in the works

nosh

6 minutes ago, imdavid555 said:

@nosh After you install the new beta, you have start BigBox one time and it should automatically populate in the themes folder.

If you still have problems, here it is

Documentation.pdf

Ahh ok. That worked. Thanks! FYI if you try to open BigBox with the pdf open, you get an exception saying that the file is in use.

Edited by nosh

20 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Ah, good point lol. I'll take a look at that. I'm going to add some more features to the wheel today to allow for some more customization as well.

Sweet. I am trying to figure out a good way of applying basically a blur mask onto the background image/video. In my research the basic blureffect can only be applied to an entire object and not part of it. It seems the only way to do this would be using Expression library from what I understand.

49 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, honestly I don't know how to solve that one. You probably know as much as I do on that subject. A transparent PNG would probably get you close but yeah, won't get you the full blurring effect.

I actually found a pretty promising solution using the ShaderEffect class but it would require a new class for this custom effect and a custom HLSL shader to go with it. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33570639/apply-blur-to-everything-behind-a-chosen-container 

@Jason Carr looks like i am going to need a view or something that does not require a Cover Flow or List Box control in order to get to the next/prev platform. The pillar view i am working on really has no need for either control. Also, need someway of doing this: 

<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Column="1" TransitionSelector="{Binding DetailsTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.ClearLogoImagePath}" />

Hi @nosh, just put out a new beta that should help a lot for tweaking the FlowControl. I also added a bunch of related documentation to the PDF file.

I'll take a look at the blur thing and the transition for the image and see if I can come up with a solution. It might be a couple days though, unfortunately, but I'll put it at the top of my list. :)

• Like 2

Hi @nosh, just put out a new beta that should help a lot for tweaking the FlowControl. I also added a bunch of related documentation to the PDF file.

I'll take a look at the blur thing and the transition for the image and see if I can come up with a solution. It might be a couple days though, unfortunately, but I'll put it at the top of my list. [emoji4]

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look after the kids are in bed. For me the blur thing is pretty low priority, it might be useful to have that sort of effect compiled into big box but I wonder if there is a way to allow custom effects like this that don't need to be compiled into big box.

I more need the views to not require coverflow or listbox controls in order to switch between platforms. Or maybe just a separate platform view all together.

Either way, I'll be patient, I have more views to mock up to keep me busy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, nosh said:

@Jason Carr looks like i am going to need a view or something that does not require a Cover Flow or List Box control in order to get to the next/prev platform. The pillar view i am working on really has no need for either control. Also, need someway of doing this: 

If you set the VisibleCount property of the CoverFlow element to -4 you will make the wheel invisible. I hope that's kinda helpful for you.

Alright so here is what i have so far for the "pillar" view. Got a lot of it squared away.

Untitled-1.pngNot sure why but the latest beta is not resizing the recent and favorite box images.

Now for some feature requests

1. It would be nice to have the details textblock in FilterDetailsView.xaml split into two, one having the notes and the other just the details.
  2. Considering we are probably a little ways away from custom theme setting storage and such, some way of building dynamic image paths would be huge. I am looking for pretty much a String.Format so I can do something like /Images/Platforms/Custom/{SelectedPlatform.Name}_custom1.png
  3. A way to turn on and off font size scaling as well as control how much the font is scaled. As you mentioned before, currently this is being done in code behind and is bound to the textbox name.
  4. Transitions for custom objects like images, textblocks, rectangles, etc.
  5. A separate view that allows for platform navigation without a coverflow or listview control. For the view I am working on now, I am setting the VisibleCount to -2 on the coverflow control so only one is visible, -4 will also essentially give me what i am looking for however, its really just a workaround.

1 hour ago, nosh said:

It would be nice to have the details textblock in FilterDetailsView.xaml split into two, one having the notes and the other just the details.

Maybe you should take a look at this thread :):

1 hour ago, nosh said:

A way to turn on and off font size scaling as well as control how much the font is scaled. As you mentioned before, currently this is being done in code behind and is bound to the textbox name.

You can disable the forced scaling for a default TextBlock by simply renaming it.

1 hour ago, nosh said:
A separate view that allows for platform navigation without a coverflow or listview control. For the view I am working on now, I am setting the VisibleCount to -2 on the coverflow control so only one is visible, -4 will also essentially give me what i am looking for however, its really just a workaround.

Wouldn’t it be enough to just create a row or column with 1 pixel in size and put the CoverFlow into that? Workaround sounds so negative but I don’t see any real disadvantages or problems with this method.

Cid,

For #1, perfect that should work great.

#3 I am less concerned with disabling the font scaling which, Jason shared the same information a little while back and it works fine, being able to control the font scaling calculation is really what i am looking for.

#4 I don't see any problem with it per say, its more the programmer in me, even though the cover flow control is "hidden", it will still run all the logic that it needs to which is unnecessary for the type of view I am attempting to build. So the only disadvantage is the overhead (although small) having that control there and hidden on the view.

The ZSNES view gave me a huge smile - it brings back memories from many moons ago. It's been surpassed by better options as time went on, but when I think about the origins of my love for emulation a great deal of it goes straight to ZSNES way back in the 90's. I used to browse around Zophar's Domain all the time when I was in middle school xD

Keep up the good work! :D

• Like 3

On 9/1/2016 at 0:16 AM, nosh said:

Not sure if its a bug in the latest beta but the recent and thumbnail images are not scaling with the grid, same thing happens with the default theme.

I verified that this has something to do with my theme. Switching to an unaltered view displays the recent and favorite list box correctly.

• 1 month later...