LaunchBox Community Forums

PlayStation Now Coming to PC

Lordmonkus

I just hope it let's me directly store and play my digital PS3 games on the PC and not some shit remote play. If it's local stream off my PS3 over my home network that could be acceptable too. But I have a bad feeling it's going to be remote streaming.

Hey Sony how about you beat the RPCS3 guys to the punch and release your own PS3 emulator for the PC and charge 20-30$ for it ?

I'm definitely more excited for that DualShock 4 adapter. I've had mixed results using the DualShock 4 on my PC before, and having an actual first party solution would be AMAZING. That D-pad is one of the best I've ever used, and I can't wait to try it out on some classic gaming. (And I have to imagine that touchpad would make DS emulation a lot easier)

The controller part of it is very interesting especially if it brings touch support which from what i hear doesnt work using other methods. I keep hearing how good the DS4 controllers d-pad is, i need to get my hands on one to try it out. The DS3 one is awful.

If the touchpad does work I wonder if you can configure it for Nintendo DS emulation use.

The touchpad already works as a mouse using InputMapper or DS4Windows and even supports multi-touch features like 2 finger scrolling. I've tried it out with DesMume some and it works fine, but is SUPER useful in general when playing with a gamepad on PC in cases where games support most controller functions but still require you to click something occasionally, or if you need to click on a different window to change focus, etc..

It's the main reason I use DS4's over other gamepads on PC. Really the only feature this claims to have that isn't already supported by those programs is support for the headphone jack and speaker on the controller which could be pretty cool if they implement it well.

As for PS Now, last I heard it was really overpriced on PS4 and the library was pretty limited. Has anyone here used it and like it? I would gladly pay to play some of the Sony exclusives on PC without waiting for RPCS3 to come around but the subscription model is off putting to me.

Edited by elliot763

Wow, this is awesome! I'm...kinda shocked to be honest. The Last of Us, EDF 2025, Uncharted, Journey, Heavy Rain, Asura's Wrath, Infamous 1 and 2... on PC? Okay!

Maybe at some point they'll add in PS4 exclusives and we'll see Bloodborne on PC. I can hope anyway xD

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

Wow, this is awesome! I'm...kinda shocked to be honest. The Last of Us, EDF 2025, Uncharted, Journey, Heavy Rain, Asura's Wrath, Infamous 1 and 2... on PC? Okay!

Maybe at some point they'll add in PS4 exclusives and we'll see Bloodborne on PC. I can hope anyway xD

this.

I figured Sony would soon follow suit now that Microsoft has now enabled XB1 games playable with W10 PC's.(Forza 6 Apex is gorgeous on my PM running at 60FPS)  I now have no reason to purchase an XB1 console and hopefully will not need to purchase a PS4 console to enjoy their libraries.

I'd be surprised if it added PS4 support. Sony views the PC as a competitor to the PS4, but not the PS3 (and rightfully so, considering the huge amount of ps3 exclusives and the fact that emulation for the system is still in it's infancy) so it doesn't make sense to allow you to play ps4 games without owning a ps4. I expect that they'll enable streaming games to your pc from your own ps4, however. 

Ohhhhhh man... I didn't realize that at all. That makes me considerably more trepedatious then. I'll still give it a shot and, who knows, it might still be okay... but there's a whole slew of other issues that come into play when you start adding in those sort of complications...

There's...not a subscription fee for this is there? I didn't see one mentioned in that news article. As much as I'd love to play those games I listed on PC...I'm not paying a monthly fee to do so...

Not sure if you need an active PSPlus account to play the games or not but knowing Sony you probably will. I let my PSPlus account expire but I still have games I have bought through the store using my PSNow account.

Well even if the game play is remote and sucks I still like the idea of the usb dongle for using the DS4 controller with all features like the touchpad for Nintendo DS emulation.