LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch?

ckp

For 3D polygon games there isn't a whole lot you can do but check over on the Retroarch forums in their shader sub forum and see what people use. I honestly have very few 3D Playstation games. For 2D sprite based games there is a lot of personal preference here and if you ask 5 different people what they like and you will probably get 5 different answers. I prefer a good CRT shader though like CRT-Hyllian-Halation and Royale-Kurozumi.

Try going to the settings (cogwheel) > input > input user 1 binds > user1 bind all and go through binding everything as it asks. just remember that a,b,x and y are mimicking a snes pad so they are reversed of what an xbox controller is. But this should let you setup the analog stick. Also don't forget when you have the PSX core loaded to enable the dual analog controller in the quick menu controller setting.

If that doesn't work I really have no idea what to tell you.

When you have a game loaded up, open the quick menu. Go to Shaders > Load Shader Preset > pick either the CG or the GLSL folder > from there look around in all the sub folders for a preset and just try different ones out. The files that end in P are presets. Then close out the quick menu and the shader should be loaded. Not all presets work though.

Shaders are whole big deep thing to get into. For more information on them do some reading over on the Retroarch forums and the shaders sub folder.