LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch?

ckp

Hiya, A lot of ps1 games never had analog support so if you prefer that you have to force it. Load a ps1 rom, open quick menu and go to controls, second option should be "user 1analog to digital type" change it to left analog. that should give you dpad or analog control on all games. don't forget in the same menu to save core remap, that should the auto load everytime.

@polymorph77 - thank you!! that worked great and allows me to use either dpad OR the left analog. perfect! i was actually considering to not use RA anymore if I can't get my controllers working as well as I have them with Rocketlauncher and stand alone emulators.

Now I just need to find out how I can set the keyboard keys to what I want so I can use controller or x-arcade. Having a terrible time trying to find this googling and yet it seems like some people must have an x-arcade setup with RA...

20 minutes ago, ckp said:

@polymorph77 - thank you!! that worked great and allows me to use either dpad OR the left analog. perfect! i was actually considering to not use RA anymore if I can't get my controllers working as well as I have them with Rocketlauncher and stand alone emulators.

Now I just need to find out how I can set the keyboard keys to what I want so I can use controller or x-arcade. Having a terrible time trying to find this googling and yet it seems like some people must have an x-arcade setup with RA...

No probs at all, glad you got it working. Sorry I can't help you with your x-arcade setup, I don't even no what that is!! lol.

In the end I decided I'm a happier camper using stand alone emulators and Xpadder :D

Seems to be the easiest way to get to use my keyboard, x-arcade, AND xbox 360 controllers for ALL games and just exit Xpadder for some of my PC games.

It also seems easier this way for me to make video adjustments for each emulator.

Very Slowly, I am trying to add my platforms from Rocketlauncher to pure LB. I just want one front end and launcher if possible. 

I haven't yet tried to see if LB handles things easily for my games that need to be decompressed first or for games like Saturn that also need cd image mounting stuff (i fear this may be labor intensive in LB, but no idea yet).

Launchbox handles compressed zip file roms just fine. With Mednafens Saturn emulation now out there is no need to mount disk images for SSF but if you wanted to use SSF for whatever reason it is easy enough to handle that through LB as well. You just need to make a simple batch file for mounting disks to use as an emulator in LB, there are forum posts around here about it.

Good to hear about zips. Hopefully it allows for a custom extraction folder and does automatic cleanup.

I tried the latest Saturn Mednafen with correct bios files added, but it does absolutely nothing when I drop a cue file on it like I saw in a couple tutorials. 

If it's this picky about game images or is just plain buggie, I probably don't want to deal with it at all at this point, and also because it has no GUI for configuration. But I'm waiting for it to mature. Not in a huge hurry since SSF is working fine for me with LB and Rocketlauncher/Daemon Tools for all my Saturn games.

Creating a batch file or other scripts or external tools and potentially adding another cd tool isn't exactly what I'm hoping for from LB to add a platform and emulator. I really don't want to end up with tons of external tools and batch files as a bandaid together with LB. But at least it provides an option to users that have no other setup. I'm waiting for LB to make those ones easy, one by one :D . I have faith it will come.

Well you are obviously free to use any emulator you want but Mednafen is already superior to SSF. If your game images aren't running and you have the correct bios files then your disk images are bad. I have over 60 Saturn games all working perfectly fine through Mednafen.

All you do is put the following into a bat file in your SSF folder and add the bat file as an emulator. Edit the paths to match your Daemon Tools and SSF.exe which you already have. That is all, hardly a bandaid or any more so than what you are already doing.

@echo off

set game=%1%

set daemon="C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe"

set emu="H:\Emulation\Emulators\SSF\SSF.exe"

%daemon% -mount 0, %game%

start /wait "" %emu%

%daemon% -unmount 0

The whole notion of this being more complicated or a bandaid is just flawed. It is actually much simpler than what you are doing already through RocketLauncher. There are no extra tools or scripts at all. In fact the whole process of using RocketLauncher is one giant unnecessary bandaid that is far more work than a simple batch file as an emulator.

• Like 1

Thanks, that's good info to save. Yes I hate RL (I inherited it and want out, haha), but all I had to do in RL was use the gui to browse to the dtagent.exe (that's what Windows 10 uses) file for Daemon Tools and tell it what drive letter to use as the virtual drive.

I think LB should have this type of setting in the gui, not requiring a batch file at all.  The batch file is not "easy" at all unless you are lucky enough to find the right forum post.