LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch?

ckp

Wonderswan games and Lynx games for sure are a problem and then even when you switch the resolution to how you like the controls are opposite which isn't the emulators fault but more how the machines were built when you played a portrait game it changed everything left is now up and up is right its chaos. It does it for NeoGeo schmups too pretty much every vertical game I can recall testing in RA on my multiple monitor setup. Its like RA isn't smart enough to realize your monitors resolution orientation and feed it to the game.

Edited by DOS76

@DOS76Are you using Integer scaling and core aspect ratio ?

Does NeoGeo even have any vertical oriented games ? I now there are some vertical scrolling but the monitor is still horizontal.

I can't say anything about Wonderswan or Lynx since I can't be bothered with those systems.

@polymorph77 Were you trying to use internal resolution scaling with RA PSX ?

@polymorph77The hardware PSX core is still a work in progress and yeah they stand alone does upscaling way better which is why i recommend it for 3D games. For 2D games though I prefer RA PSX and a good CRT shader.

@DOS76I (almost) always use integer scaling because I use a CRT shader and non integer scaling can cause issues with the scan line spacing. I also don't like messing with the aspect ratio. Yeah I have noticed with FBA and CPS games like Dimahoo for example it looks like shit.

Yeah ePSXe 2.x is pretty damn awesome. I'm not sure where the performance cut off point is in Retroach but I know on my 1.5 GHz laptop I couldn't use it even use it without shaders. But ePSXE 2.x even with Lottes shader it ran awesome.

But on a system that can handle it I would still use RA PSX with a good shader for 2D games over ePSXe just for the other features of RA.