LaunchBox Community Forums

Demo Mode

dov_EL

I had already asked Jason (Twitch)  if it was possible to create a DEMO MODE .

Demo Mode :

Big Box  start a Random Game for 40 seconds , if you do not play for 40-50 seconds Big Box will automatically exit from the game , and after 10 seconds you will have to start another game Random .
This feature would be interesting for two reasons

1) Whereas in Big Box have a lot of games that we often forget, having a DEMO MODE that starts the games at random, maybe we'll play titles that normally we would not have played.

2) Eye Candy  :D

not having understood the intentions of Jason, wait here a reply: D , what do you think?

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...

No we have attract mode that will hover over a game for a few seconds then move to another. This allows you to view video snaps and details of the game (if the theme presents it), but doesn't actually launch the game. Can also be used as a screensaver.

4 hours ago, safesinger said:

REalize this is a very old posting but is there a Demo mode option now? almost 5 years later??

I've not tried it myself, but there is a user project called arcadeEIP that was shared on another major frontend forum that does exactly what the OP was requesting. You'll need to do a Google search for arcadeEIP to find it. It looks like it would integrate easily enough with Launchbox as it supports launching from command line.

Edited by JaysArcade

Hi.  I'm the developer of arcadeEIP, and if you're looking for a link, you can try this one.  This is a (slow) work-in-progress and something that very well may work with Launchbox or run you can run it independently (I actually tested early versions with Big Box, though that's not my main front end).  Keep in mind its meant for arcade machines and requires reading of the documentation.  There is also a newer version I haven't packaged yet that supports marquee monitors...let me know if you're interested.  The goal of the software is largely what you write in your first post.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,165138.0.html