LaunchBox Community Forums

No Default Emulator found

Bondage

Hey I get this message when i try to start a game in LaunchBox No Default_Emulater found in "G:\Front Ends\RocketLaunccher\Settings\Sega Genesis\Emulators.ini" Please set one so RocketLauncher knows what module to use.
First time useing both LunchBox and RocketLauncher have watch a couple of videos on both setups but I don't know whats wrong can anyone help thanks.

Sounds like you didn't setup Rocket Launcher correctly.

Within rocket launcher, on the left side is the global setting. Click that and then the emulator tab. Now here you want to setup you emulator that genesis uses. So find it in the list there and set it up.

then on the left tab, now choose Sega genesis and select the emulator tab. Here choose the emulator for genesis and setup the location of your Roms. Within the roms tab you can audit and test your roms.

If you want to learn more about Rocket Launcher, I very much recommend watching Simply Austin's Rocket Launcher videos on YouTube.

Since you said you never used Rocketlauncher before, you might just want to try using Launchbox as the front end AND launcher and leave RL out of it.

This might be easier for you. There are videos on how to add just about any platform and emulator to Launchbox. 

You might not have any need to use Rocketlauncher. I used to use Hyperspin and Rocketlauncher, but I'm in the process of moving everything to Launchbox alone (ok, some people on this forum talked me into using Retroarch also for some platforms, haha). So far I have not encountered any huge issues and like it much more.

Edited by ckp

• 1 year later...

Ah if you are using Rocket Launcher as well then I wont be able to be much help, its not a program I am very familiar with unfortunately. As for the games just google the games you want, but everything has to match, so the version of MAME, the version of the game.zip, and the version of the .chd all have to be the same version, or you will likely run into compatibility issues.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Ah if you are using Rocket Launcher as well then I wont be able to be much help, its not a program I am very familiar with unfortunately. As for the games just google the games you want, but everything has to match, so the version of MAME, the version of the game.zip, and the version of the .chd all have to be the same version, or you will likely run into compatibility issues.

No thats what i say im not gona use RL since its failed for me i will delete the cps3 entry in RL and just instal mame and use the cps3 roms with it without RL but i realy dont know what versions to download or from where or how to get all 3 matching

On 15/9/2016 at 11:30 PM, Bondage said:

Hey I get this message when i try to start a game in LaunchBox No Default_Emulater found in "G:\Front Ends\RocketLaunccher\Settings\Sega Genesis\Emulators.ini" Please set one so RocketLauncher knows what module to use.
First time useing both LunchBox and RocketLauncher have watch a couple of videos on both setups but I don't know whats wrong can anyone help thanks.

fid you find a way to fix this im having the same error with cps3 emulator :(?

It looks like your issue is mismatched system names. The error is looking for settings using a system name of "CPS3" and the system you have setup in RLUI is named "Capcom Play System 3". You're also not using the LB plugin in RLUI which would autopopulate the system list in RLUI for you based on your existing LB systems.