LaunchBox Community Forums

Atomiswave

dmjohn0x

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread is old, but I've gotten pretty desperate so I'll give it a shot: Trying to run Fist of the North Star on Demul Atomiswave, and I keep getting the "unable to find bios0.ic23" message the other guy was getting. No matter where I look, I can't seem to find the proper bios zip files. Any adivce? (This is my first dip into emulating, sorry lol)

52 minutes ago, phonehom said:

I know this thread is old, but I've gotten pretty desperate so I'll give it a shot: Trying to run Fist of the North Star on Demul Atomiswave, and I keep getting the "unable to find bios0.ic23" message the other guy was getting. No matter where I look, I can't seem to find the proper bios zip files. Any adivce? (This is my first dip into emulating, sorry lol)

Are your Sammy games pulled from a MAME romset? If so do you know which version? Also does it give you a path for the file it can't find? If so is it the actual ROM file or a bios file?

1 hour ago, phonehom said:

Also as we always say, "a picture speaks a thousand words" so if you could take a screenshot of the actual error that may help, also which version of demul are you using?

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Also as we always say, "a picture speaks a thousand words" so if you could take a screenshot of the actual error that may help, also which version of demul are you using?

39 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Are your Sammy games pulled from a MAME romset? If so do you know which version? Also does it give you a path for the file it can't find? If so is it the actual ROM file or a bios file?

111117 Demul, most recent I think. And the "sammy game mame romset" stuff went wayyyy over my caveman head so I'll do some research lmao

Screenshot (13).png

38 minutes ago, phonehom said:

111117 Demul, most recent I think. And the "sammy game mame romset" stuff went wayyyy over my caveman head so I'll do some research lmao

Screenshot (13).png

OK yeah that is clearly a atomiswave bios issue, do you actually have the awbios zip? And if so have you told demul where it is?

Honestly, i have switched from demul to retroarch reicast core. I am using the mame 2.02 version of the rom and it works flawlessly.

if your have an issue with demul  three things i would recommend . check the version of the rom your trying to use. make sure that you paths are correct. 

I have had instance that where it cannot find the the rom file do it pointing to another path not relevant  path where the rom is .

the last item is unzip the rom and try to run it ...   

good luck 

• 6 months later...