LaunchBox Community Forums

500 dollars for a great collection Nintendo games! The essentials!

kerszr

You get a: 
Nintendo Entertainment System 
Adventure Island
Adventures of Lolo Bases Loaded Battletoads Big Nose the Caveman Bubble Bobble Burgertime Castlevania Castlevania II Simon's Quest Castlevania III Dracula's Curse Contra Excitebike Final Fantasy Kid Icarus Kirby's Adventure Mega Man 2 Metal Gear Metroid Millipede Monopoly RC Pro-AM Super Glove Ball Super Mario Bros Super Mario Bros 2 Super Mario Bros 3 Tetris Kirby's Adventure Legend of Zelda Zelda II The Adventure of Link Kung Fu
Journey to Silius

s-l1600 (3).jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262671891774?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Edited by kerszr

I don't collect anything but is $500 actually a reasonable price for 34 games without boxes or manuals and an NES if so now I see why I don't collect the prices are outrageous. I see that you do have the Mario series Zelda and Castlevania which are big titles for the system which I'm sure will help you out. Good luck with this I have a feeling you are going to need it to get the price you are asking.

• Like 1

I'd say that seems high, but the NES cart market got kind of ridiculous in the past couple years (part of the reason I had to stop collecting more), so who knows? 

I'd expect the auction to reach at least $350. Also, you've got Kirby's Adventure listed twice in the game list, but I only see one copy. This may be turning people away who are concerned about what they're actually getting.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I don't collect anything but is $500 actually a reasonable price for 34 games without boxes or manuals and an NES if so now I see why I don't collect the prices are outrageous. I see that you do have the Mario series Zelda and Castlevania which are big titles for the system which I'm sure will help you out. Good luck with this I have a feeling you are going to need it to get the price you are asking.

yep, that is the price based on the freemarket value and VGPriceCharts.com. Thats the buy it now price Im asking for it lower, in reality. It is a auction with a reserve price lower than that.

I don't think the price itself is unreasonable considering the overall quality of the games in the collection and current market for NES games. The bigger issue is going to be in finding a person who actually wants all of or most of those games all in one lot. A lot of collectors will already have many of these games in their collections. But if someone is just starting out and has the money to spend on kickstarting a collection from scratch then it seems fairly reasonable.

• 3 weeks later...