LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch FAQ

Lordmonkus

21 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Retroarch volume, so any games being run through Retroarch at that time.

Is there a way to increase the volume of Windows even in Game? With launchbox it seems to be able to increase or reduce the volume only out of the game and not in game

There might be a way with some sort of external hotkeys, it's not something I have looked into personally. In my setup I always have my Windows volume set to maximum and then from there I either adjust in game, or my MP3 player with my keyboards media controls or with my stereo receivers remote.

1 minute ago, Lordmonkus said:

There might be a way with some sort of external hotkeys, it's not something I have looked into personally. In my setup I always have my Windows volume set to maximum and then from there I either adjust in game, or my MP3 player with my keyboards media controls or with my stereo receivers remote.

Thank you very much

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/is-there-keyboard-shortcut-for-volume-control/54609d6e-ce9d-4866-89c0-eb6a86926237

Yes,you can create a Master Volume Shortcut and also assign a Shortcut Key.

Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut. 

Paste the following in to the location of the item area:-

%windir%\System32\SndVol.exe -f 49825268

Click Next button and give a name to the Shortcut and click Finish.

Now You right click on it and select Properties.

Click Shortcut tab.

Assign your desired shortcut key like F8 or F9 in the Shortcut Key area.

Click OK/Apply.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apologies for asking this here but the Libretro forum members don't seem to be very forthcoming with answers or even a "Sorry, we don't know".  I have been using Launchbox with Retroarch on my pc and laptop for a while with no real issues.  I've managed to install a custom firmware on my unused fat PS3 and wanted to set it up to use Retroarch on my big screen tv.  I have FAT32 formatted a 1 TB USB hdd and copied all of the ROMS that are working on my pc over to it.  When I plug the hdd in to the PS3 it's not recognised in Retroarch.  It is recognised if I go into MultiMan and some of the ROMS show up.  If I open one it'll even open Retroarch and play it.  I can use a 32Gb flash drive with a smaller selection of ROMS on it and this is recognised natively in Retroarch.  File and folder structure is the same on both.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Typhoon1944
Grammar

No idea about Linux.  It was a 3rd Party Windows program I used.  I can't remember the name of it as my laptop is at home.  I'm not sure if you're familiar with jailbroken PS3s?  I'm not.  I only did it as it wasn't being used since I got my PS4 Pro and I wanted to run Retroarch.  I installed Rebug on it and as I said, a program called MultiMan will recognise the drive and even recognise some of the ROMs on it.

I did read a few years ago that there was a Linux build you could install on a PS3 but I'm not sure that has any relevance here.

Edited by Typhoon1944
Additional information.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Visuals said:

Sorry for the silly question. When i made some new settings like shaders for a core and i save them, the next time i start up Retroarch with the same core, all settings are gone.
Does anyone have a simple fix for this?

If you go into the main settings for Retroarch (not in the quick menu), under configuration, look to see if you have the options enabled to autoload core/content/game overrides.

On 1/26/2021 at 10:22 PM, Headrush69 said:

If you go into the main settings for Retroarch (not in the quick menu), under configuration, look to see if you have the options enabled to autoload core/content/game overrides.

hmmm... am i doing something wrong?
In Settings i have just "Save Configuration on Exit"

ra1.PNG

ra2.PNG

17 minutes ago, Visuals said:

hmmm... am i doing something wrong?
In Settings i have just "Save Configuration on Exit"

ra1.PNG

ra2.PNG

Could be a couple of issues here, 1, you are using a really old retroarch, maybe that option wasnt there that far back? And 2, you need to enable the option to show advanced settings, which is off by default. Also one last tip, turn off that save on exit option, it will save you headaches down the road.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 8:27 PM, neil9000 said:

Could be a couple of issues here, 1, you are using a really old retroarch, maybe that option wasnt there that far back? And 2, you need to enable the option to show advanced settings, which is off by default. Also one last tip, turn off that save on exit option, it will save you headaches down the road.

It was a old Version of Retroarch, i updated it and now it works as desired. Thanks for your help.

• 5 months later...
On 4/19/2017 at 6:37 PM, Lordmonkus said:

In terms of the command line parameters it is actually quite simple. In the Associated Platforms window for Retroarch in LB you need to have the names of each platform you are going to have Retroarch emulating for you. Then for each platform you will have the command line:

-L "cores\core_name.dll" (inserting the name of the core dll appropriate for the system)

Here is a screen shot of my Retroarch Associated Platforms list.58f7e510788c2_2017-04-1622_21_59-EditEmulator.thumb.png.bd6f4b905bff43edbaae081fa30adf0d.png

To figure out the bios files you need you can either load up a core in RA and view the core info and it will tell you what it is needed, is looking for and if it is there or missing / mismatched. Or you can check this page here and click on each core, it will tell you which cores require bios, what the name of the bios file is and even the MD5 sum.

https://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

I also did this getting started guide but I did not get into the bios side of things, the guide was meant to be an introduction for people completely new to Retroarch and getting the basics sorted. I guess I maybe should think about an advanced tutorial.

@Lordmonkus I think that link is no longer valid(only letting you know because I read a comment of yours asking for stuff like this)