LaunchBox Community Forums

Futurestate Theme

Hexxxer

Hi!

What an incredible theme! Thanks a lot!

If its possible, I have a question. Please check the attached image. The image that appears in the game view is a stretched game logo. I wanted to show the first screenshot of the game. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

Diego.

game_view.png

Edited by DiegoBRRSPF

1 hour ago, DiegoBRRSPF said:

Hi!

What an incredible theme! Thanks a lot!

If its possible, I have a question. Please check the attached image. The image that appears in the game view is a stretched game logo. I wanted to show the first screenshot of the game. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

Diego.

game_view.png

That is not something I can do with the theme, what shows up there is pre-determined by big box... it's a setting within launch box I believe that chooses what type of image shows up there instead of the clear logo.

On 04/11/2016 at 8:48 PM, Scottad said:

Is it possible to remove the scan lines from this platform view but keep the scan lines on the game select?

Open the PlatformWheel1FilterView.xaml in the Futurestate theme folder in a text editor and remove or comment out line 58:

<Image Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/FutureState/Images/scanline.png" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Stretch="Fill" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="20" Grid.RowSpan="12" Opacity="0.25" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" Panel.ZIndex="2"/>

That will remove the scanlines effect only for the platform view.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:48 PM, Scottad said:

Is it possible to remove the scan lines from this platform view but keep the scan lines on the game select?

view.jpg

I don't know if anyone here is interested or not since my use case for BigBox is much different than most (modern PC and Console games --not retro games) but here's a video I created regarding how to do some customizations for this theme like removing scanlines and getting 16:9 aspect ratio videos to render properly

• Like 1

17 hours ago, salyangel said:

resolve I don't Download the good version :) sorry

There is just a little adjust for the wheel system and games

adjust wheel.jpg

I think you may need to manually make some adjustments to the wheels in each of the views.

look for this line:

<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" Margin="0,0,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="10" Grid.RowSpan="24" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}" ImageType="Clear Logo"
                CurveAmount="0" CameraZPosition="3.3" VisibleCount="20" PageSize="6" Spacing="1" ItemZPosition="1.0" SelectedItemZPosition="2.0" Panel.ZIndex="100" />

Change the spacing to something that looks better on your PC. 1.5 should work.

23 minutes ago, nealosis said:

I don't know if anyone here is interested or not since my use case for BigBox is much different than most (modern PC and Console games --not retro games) but here's a video I created regarding how to do some customizations for this theme like removing scanlines and getting 16:9 aspect ratio videos to render properly

Lol, you sort of answered your own question there. All feedback is good feedback though.

Most people do use retro games though, its the main selling point of launchbox. I personally do launch my PC games through it as well though, but I really don't care about the videos at that point as a lot don't download anyway. I would rather it was quick and snappy more than anything else.. 

Edit: I have no association with the creater of this theme, all opinions are my own.

Edited by neil9000
Clarafication.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hexxxer said:

I think you may need to manually make some adjustments to the wheels in each of the views.

look for this line:

<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" Margin="0,0,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="10" Grid.RowSpan="24" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}" ImageType="Clear Logo"
                CurveAmount="0" CameraZPosition="3.3" VisibleCount="20" PageSize="6" Spacing="1" ItemZPosition="1.0" SelectedItemZPosition="2.0" Panel.ZIndex="100" />

Change the spacing to something that looks better on your PC. 1.5 should work.

Thx It's work for system and games

On 11/9/2016 at 1:27 PM, nealosis said:

I like this. Have you posted this as it's own topic in the forum?

4 hours ago, Hexxxer said:

I like this. Have you posted this as it's own topic in the forum?

I haven't. I've got some many other things going on right now that I really haven't had time to dig into creating a theme from scratch and once I figured out how to edit your great theme for my specific use case, I figured I'd share the details here just in case it might help someone else out. I came to BigBox specifically as a way to replace my consoles and that's why my focus is on newer systems and games (PS2, PSP, Wii, Wii-U, PC, etc).

1 hour ago, kmoney said:

@Hexxxer Awesome additions to 2.0. I love how this theme is so clean and beautiful. I read the channel log that you added some videos but there is not a videos folder in the theme folder although I do see a new background animated video in BigBox.

The Videos are in the images folder, I only added the to a Video thumb nail view and onto the options menu (for now, they really kill performance in other areas). If you can't get it working let me know.