LaunchBox Community Forums

Futurestate Theme

Hexxxer

I think I may have identified the issue here, but it depends on what view you guys were using. @Hexxxer For some reason the PlatformWheel3FiltersView is sometimes playing the VLC videos but they're not showing up on the screen. I haven't confirmed that this is necessarily what's causing it, but it is one issue that I'm seeing that could be causing it. I haven't dived into the XAML yet to figure out why it's happening though; I'll check it out in a bit.

This could also be causing the performance issues if videos are getting loaded but never displayed, because it could mean that the videos are never getting disposed. @imdavid555 If you're still able to replicate it, what view are you seeing that error come up on?

Looked into the XAML a bit, it could be caused by using the BackgroundView in a small video instead of the actual background, though I know why you did it that way. That would be my best guess as to the issue, though we need to confirm if that makes sense with how people are using the theme (what views they're using).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/2/2017 at 2:23 AM, Hexxxer said:

Down the line maybe. I'm kinda waiting for alignment properties to be worked out with videos before I come back to it.

I have a per system theme called Codex I've put some effort into with future state as a starting point

Any updates you can give on this ☺️ sounds interesting and a update to this great LEGENDARY theme would be awesome. @Hexxxer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Hexxxer said:

I am running through a few updates on this theme to bring it up to some of the current technology used in the community.

I have had requests for full screen videos and disappearing sidebars, is there anything else people would like to see in this theme?

Clock and dates like Critical if you include the DPI scaling fix. 

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Hey @Hexxxer, just got this error while switching the game view.

Screenshot (328).png

It seems it is not picking up the library for some reason... I'll need to look at that.

14 hours ago, kmoney said:

@Hexxxer The new font and view is looking good. I think it might have broken the video on at least 2 of the game views as I can no longer get videos to work on the scanline game view anymore. Tried WMP and VLC.

I changed the values in the Theme settings file, i'll have to update that view to fix this.