LaunchBox Community Forums

Futurestate Theme

Hexxxer

5 hours ago, Hexxxer said:

The Videos are in the images folder, I only added the to a Video thumb nail view and onto the options menu (for now, they really kill performance in other areas). If you can't get it working let me know.

Yes I see it now in the images folder...everything seems to be working as it should.

thanks for the kind words everyone. I may do one more update in a few weeks time and call this theme completed... pending any new theming features.

I do plan to build 16:9 games view as well, we shall see.

Again, requests are always accepted. If you do enjoy using the theme please leave a review on the downloads page.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hexxxer said:

I will be doing another update next week. Please submit any bugs or requests and I will try my best to get to them.

I will be adding a 16:9 Game View and updating the Games Details View and a few smaller bug fixes I missed when I went to 2.0 Beta.

How about an option to bring back scanlines on Platform Videos like in the earlier version of your theme?

My favorite theme, though!

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Rick1974 said:

How about an option to bring back scanlines on Platform Videos like in the earlier version of your theme?

My favorite theme, though!

Thanks!

What do people think about the scan lines in the 4:3 view and clean in the 16:9?

Unfortunately, it's not a feature I can just turn on and off, either the view has it or it does not.

23 hours ago, Hexxxer said:

What do people think about the scan lines in the 4:3 view and clean in the 16:9?

Unfortunately, it's not a feature I can just turn on and off, either the view has it or it does not.

I don't want scan lines on the platform view but how about if you include an alternative view file in the theme folder? So there would be one file without lines and one file with lines people could then just copy/past whichever they prefer.

• Like 1

So I did not have time to update everything I needed to so I will have to save the update for tomorrow. Sadly, some of the things I was planning on updating required some of the original photoshop files I created for the project and, lo and behold, I accidentally deleted them a few weeks ago. 

I may have to spend an hour or two recreating some of the graphics before I can do anything else.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stevencostner,

I had the same issue with most skins, it turns out that this is a requested feature from some people...yeah i dont get it either lol. 

Anyways to kill it, go into you themes folder, click on the theme that has it and look for another folder called 'views'. Right click the file called 'WheelGamesView', edit it was a text editor and delete the lines that mention this feature, Something like "show psx and arcade rom names", not 100% sure what it says as ive deleted mine...this sounds complex, but it really isnt. 

34 minutes ago, Walrus13 said:

Hi Stevencostner,

I had the same issue with most skins, it turns out that this is a requested feature from some people...yeah i dont get it either lol. 

Anyways to kill it, go into you themes folder, click on the theme that has it and look for another folder called 'views'. Right click the file called 'WheelGamesView', edit it was a text editor and delete the lines that mention this feature, Something like "show psx and arcade rom names", not 100% sure what it says as ive deleted mine...this sounds complex, but it really isnt. 

<!--BEGIN ROM NAME (ARCADE AND PSX PLATFORM ONLY)-->
            <Viewbox Grid.Column="32" Grid.Row="20" Grid.ColumnSpan="8" StretchDirection="DownOnly" Panel.ZIndex="100" Margin="0,0,10,0" HorizontalAlignment="Right" VerticalAlignment="Top">
                <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=SelectedGame.ApplicationFileNameWithoutExtension}" Foreground="White" FontSize="16" TextAlignment="Right" HorizontalAlignment="Right" VerticalAlignment="Top" FontFamily="Segoe UI Semibold">
                    <TextBlock.Style>
                        <Style TargetType="TextBlock">
                            <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed" />
                            <Style.Triggers>
                                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding SelectedGame.Platform}" Value="Arcade">
                                    <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Visible" />
                                </DataTrigger>
                                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding SelectedGame.Platform}" Value="Sony Playstation">
                                    <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Visible" />
                                </DataTrigger>
                            </Style.Triggers>
                        </Style>
                    </TextBlock.Style>
                </TextBlock>
            </Viewbox>
            <!--END ROM NAME (ARCADE AND PSX PLATFORM ONLY)-->

What delete??

edit:Deleted all and works, thanks

Edited by stevencostner

@Walrus13

I don't like having it there either, but the reason its a requested feature is mostly for mame. There are often many revisions of the same game, launchbox will just scrape the main name and be done, but you may be playing street fighter 2 usa revision d for example because they often changed characters balancing, so can be handy to know.

I am looking at updating the theme right away (within a few days)

5 hours ago, Nyny77 said:

aie my favorite theme lag....bizzar

Can be the video background...

Thanks

I'll look into this issue, I tested the theme on version 7.0 and it seemed ok. Are you using VLC or Media Player?