LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom Grid Banners

FoxyMonty

Hey guys,

Thought I'd just say hi, I've been a lurker for a few months but I think it's time to help out wherever is possible. 

These custom grid banner images are in the same style as the official Steam banners.

I spoke to Jason and he suggested if we wanted to incorporate them into the database we should probably create a new field for them.

There are two choices:

- Blurred Grid Banners

- Clear Grid Banners

Example of blurred steam images - http://i.imgur.com/QeKKjUL.jpg

I currently have 1,500+ of these images and will begin making packs and release them in the downloads section if people decide they do not want to create this additional category for the games database.

Let me know what you think

Want to create your own?

- I have included the custom grid banner template that you can download.

- The dimensions of the grid are set at 920 x 430.

- Find a high quality background image

- Find a high quality clear text image

- If you want to create the blurred effect, add a Gaussian blur to the background - 11px

Foxy Monty

Custom Grid Banner.psd

Edited by FoxyMonty
  • Like 2

I think we should definitely add a Steam Banner category; I've never been sure how to categorize them before, as they're not a traditional "banner" image, which is usually a think horizontal stripe, but they're not technically Box Art either, even though they are official images provided for games on Steam, which fits my definition of Box Art.

@Vlansix! @Jason Carr! Thoughts?

And these look QUITE nice, @FoxyMonty. If we get the category, I'd gladly help upload them to the DB. Before I used LaunchBox as my primary games launcher, I was heavily into the Steam Grid custom image scene, regularly visiting the /r/steamgrid subreddit and the steambanners.booru site, so I love seeing some good blurred grid images!