LaunchBox Community Forums

My Big Box CriticalZone City Hunter Set Up

Charco

It's an i5 6600, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, with a 250GB SSD for the OS and a 2TB HDD. I have only used about 1TB of HDD space and doubt I'll add too much more other than some more Gamecube, Saturn, and PS1 games.

Edited by Charco
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Charco said:

It's an i5 6600, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, with a 250GB SSD for the OS and a 2TB HDD. I have only used about 1TB of HDD space and doubt I'll add too much more other than some more Gamecube, Saturn, and PS1 games.

Do you have PS2 games in there? I'd imagine they're huge files. Furthermore, how does the Gamecube and PS2 run on that setup? My Gamecube experience is super slow right now, even with low quality settings. I'm dreading the thought of having to migrate my Big Box setup to a new machine, but I don't see any other way to get a better performance. Thanks for the specs.

1 hour ago, docralston said:

Do you have PS2 games in there? I'd imagine they're huge files. Furthermore, how does the Gamecube and PS2 run on that setup? My Gamecube experience is super slow right now, even with low quality settings. I'm dreading the thought of having to migrate my Big Box setup to a new machine, but I don't see any other way to get a better performance. Thanks for the specs.

Yeah I have about 30 PS2 games at the moment. Gamecube runs great with Dolphin on this set up, no issues.

3 hours ago, docralston said:

Just to say, I'm running a i5 3570k 16gb ram and a gtx 770, and I can run gamecube/wii and ps2 games at 1080p 60 fps most of the time. Also with regards to migrating your setup, if your roms are in your launchbox folder you can just copy and paste the entire folder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Just to say, I'm running a i5 3570k 16gb ram and a gtx 770, and I can run gamecube/wii and ps2 games at 1080p 60 fps most of the time. Also with regards to migrating your setup, if your roms are in your launchbox folder you can just copy and paste the entire folder.

Thank you! I didn't realize it was that easy.

• Like 1

As long as EVERYTHING is in your launchbox folder, then yes just copy and paste.

Also just to add I have my entire launchbox folder with roms and videos equalling about 1tb on a usb3 hard drive which runs flawlessly and can just be plugged into another pc and work just as well.

Edited by neil9000
Added usb3 comment.

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yep, and so was I lol, mine is weaker than @Charco, yours is weaker than mine, @docralston what specs you currently running on?

In my cabinet I'm running an AMD APU A10-5800K (4 x 4.2GHz CPUs - plus Radeon 7660D GPU), 4GB RAM. It was cheap at the time and sounded good when I thought all I'd be doing was MAME through Hyperspin, but I have since branched out and realized I need more. I've heard that processing power is the most important part. Upgrading to 16GB RAM probably won't fix the issue, right? I also obviously need a real graphics card.