LaunchBox Community Forums

My Retro Gaming Room (work in progress)

LogicalEgo

Not shown are my Sony Wega and Song PVM monitor. Not set up yet. I have flash carts for all the cart systems except for the AES but rumor one is coming soon!!! PS1 can play backups along with the DC and the PS2 is modded to play off the internal hard drive. Next to the DC is my emulation box that runs LB/BB. All of my art work comes from the Arcade Expo that comes through my town once a year and is set to return in March (cant wait!). The power gloves no longer worked so I framed it. All 3 controllers still work and have their internals stored safely. The room still badly needs to be painted and I will be doing a two TV set for a marquee one day. This is my first home so I badly wanted a room just for old gaming. My living room has all the next gen stuff that I honestly never even touch. I got a pretty awesome set going on my LB/BB emulation box with all my saves being backed up to google drive through syslinks along with all my configs and bios. The machine is then mirrored in my living room and also at my work gaming pc. I dont have anything behind the couch. I plan on having a guy come in and do a Akira mural (yes I love anime/manga and Akira is the best of them).

Pictures!

nTy4MxO%20-%20Imgur_zpsdaihmlpp.jpg

VxcNO84%20-%20Imgur_zpsadd4ale2.jpg

4xbDTbB%20-%20Imgur_zpszwvameql.jpg

0G9TuDY%20-%20Imgur_zpsagvtmfwq.jpg

PfQ3ph5%20-%20Imgur_zpsqgpemgwa.jpg

woqAth8%20-%20Imgur_zpscxzfdxat.jpg

b3l7JxX%20-%20Imgur_zpsprbeuptv.jpg

Fi4TrvH%20-%20Imgur_zpsitu0pryu.jpg

2z8kuFm%20-%20Imgur_zpslwkvgjjr.jpg

0ui0lcZ%20-%20Imgur_zpswhbrmnww.jpg

2z8kuFm%20-%20Imgur_zpslwkvgjjr.jpg

jKvAdyo%20-%20Imgur_zpsjgwajkuc.jpg

iTFld2Q%20-%20Imgur_zpsxnrnknjn.jpg

FWDHMv1%20-%20Imgur_zpskf8by3fu.jpg

E9raAbZ%20-%20Imgur_zpszp0abdyd.jpg

yVToEZX%20-%20Imgur_zps6se2yxwx.jpg

wYTiICR%20-%20Imgur_zpsonoilbho.jpg

rm4lEwp%20-%20Imgur_zpsczwihguj.jpg

L04gHfO%20-%20Imgur_zps48jeq83l.jpg

Mn7zWp6%20-%20Imgur_zpsccedr64d.jpg

jKDvY8W%20-%20Imgur_zpsabgshzuh.jpg

tElZd2K%20-%20Imgur_zpsil9ouw4q.jpg

3eaMviX%20-%20Imgur_zpsfuq5mpmv.jpg

1Mm615w%20-%20Imgur_zpstlv44ivh.jpg

oWjZTdM%20-%20Imgur_zpswb8qpbvi.jpg

76wZp57%20-%20Imgur_zps6pmc5cbr.jpg

7npGdMF%20-%20Imgur_zps9edl2nfc.jpg

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Smidgey87 said:

Love the artwork collection. Looks very similar to something I had in mind when I eventually have the space to set up a room for my retro collection. 

The Framemeister worth the expense out of interest?

It is if you want emulator sharp pixels from the original hardware on modern screens. Its very pricy to set up. You need the scaler and a means of getting RGB out of your consoles. Some like the SNES and Genesis can output RGB out of the box with Scart cables. Of course when you have lots of scart cables you then need a scart switch. Best place to start with all of this is retrorgb.com

• Like 1

These are my favorites minus a few more I would like to add. Sadly the N64 has not aged well compared to the others and apart from Goldeneye and Perfect Dark I never really liked it even thought I feel it is a good and worthy system. You can also say PS1 has not aged well either but has good 2d games like Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Plus FF Tactics, Xenogears etc. I would still like to add a TurboDuo/PC Engine CD to the mix or a SuperGrafx. I still badly want a Sega CD and a GameCube. If I add all of that I would have to figure out a new shelving setup haha. My next big purchase is going to be the Neo Geo flash cart that is in the works. I plan on dropping some major cash on it but be very happy at the end of the day. Can't wait to play Metal Slug and Aero Fighters 2 on my real hardware.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kevin_Flynn said:

Nice and simple!

Oh jeez, I love that wallpaper. I've always loved your theme screenshots because of your 'Arcade' logo. I guess there's no chance for a .psd version to create our own? ;) 

@Kevin_Flynn, I actually lost the .psd when the hard drive was nuked. I can whip something up this weekend and use my images to recreate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! And, I actually like the color of the room. 

You say you back up your emu saves to google drive? Any chance you can point me to some more info about how to do this?

Things you need:

Ottoman

Plush blanky for the couch. 

Akira Mural (But you're on that)

Adorable cat (check)

Some gaming slippers that never leave that room. 

Super Metroid (Samus) Snuggie (If one exists)

A stack of nintendo power magazines

Soda dispenser.

Edited by fromlostdays
  • Like 1