LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox And CPS3

Flintz

• 3 months later...
On 1/30/2017 at 1:42 PM, Lordmonkus said:

I have used Mame and Retroarchs FBA core for CPS3 without issues so I have not had reason to use anything else.

I just wanted to ask do you have your CHD files inside the game zip or seperate like I have here?:image.thumb.png.7acdb8a9c5ca830912da4eadb9b027d1.png

I think I am about to give up on the CPSIII. I have tried what seems like everything to get this system to work. I have followed the tutorial on the stand alone emulator using the .bat files and not. I have tried RA and MAME all to no avail. I have had the CHD files inside and outside the ROM .zip files. I have tried them in the same directory and other locations. I have tried multiple options regarding what I have ticked in the manage emulator settings. I have had a myriad of error settings on different emulators and tried to remedy them all as per the error messages. I do not wish to try the stand alone emulator again but wish to get these working in either MAME or RA if possible.

Edited by Dane

The FBA rom set does not require the CHDs to work but it also requires the FBA core (or standalone). I personally use a set of CPS games pulled out of the FBA set.

Also, there are NO CD versions of the CPS3 roms except for Redearth / Warzard that work in Mame. When I made my No Filler v2 romset I included those specific versions of the roms.

27 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

The FBA rom set does not require the CHDs to work but it also requires the FBA core (or standalone). I personally use a set of CPS games pulled out of the FBA set.

Also, there are NO CD versions of the CPS3 roms except for Redearth / Warzard that work in Mame. When I made my No Filler v2 romset I included those specific versions of the roms.

I had acquired the ROMs in small CPS3 sets but will download a FBA set I just found to test, thank you for the reply.

You don't need any bat files for the stand alone emulator you just need to check a couple boxes in the emulator settings general tab I'll have to check which ones. Using the MAME no CHD versions is pretty easy and you bypass the initial long loading time of the chd versions of course fast forwarding help out a lot with that in MAME.

2 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

You don't need any bat files for the stand alone emulator you just need to check a couple boxes in the emulator settings general tab I'll have to check which ones. Using the MAME no CHD versions is pretty easy and you bypass the initial long loading time of the chd versions of course fast forwarding help out a lot with that in MAME.

Thanks for the advice. I look forward to downloading this new set over the next week and hopefully getting these to finally work, they have been haunting my dreams for some time now. I do love the fast forwarding as I use it on the SNK Neo Geo CD which makes an otherwise painful experience a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/30/2017 at 11:14 AM, DOS76 said:

I didn't read this all yet but I wanted to clarify something you do not need a .bat file to run these games with the CPS3 emulator. You simply have to set it up like this and it should work assuming you have the correct ROM files.cps_Emulator Details.JPG

You my friend, are a life saver...