LaunchBox Community Forums

issues getting certain roms and emus to run

ResidentEvul13

nes, snes, mame having issues with... well i cant find a mame platform for my mame roms so i use the arcarde one but none of them load.

none of my snes games load and none of nes so i deleted all 3 platforms til i get help...

working platforms

atari 2600

n64

sega

nintendo gba

nintendo gb

windows games

Edited by tdancetv2
more info

lol they have worked outside of launchbox for over 16 years man... I know i am importing them the same way as the working ones just those 3 dont work at all for me...

all my emus work fine launchbox is my only headache.

using retroarch with lb and no matter what i do snes mame and nes will not work

Edited by tdancetv2
more info

Just replace the old MAME rom set that I used in this tutorial with the one you have, or a new .182 non-merged rom set. The Lightspeed stuff is also outdated now unfortunately. Also, you can add any platform or emulator you want, LaunchBox doesn't care. However, if you choose a non-default platform name, make sure to set the scrape as, so that metadata and media can be downloaded from the LaunchBox Games Database and EmuMovies.

a genius made stupid... never had this much trouble in my life since ive been dealing with roms and emus.. nothing works so unless someone has a video showing the correct way to set up and use lb to run snes, nes, and mame games those 3 will never be added to my inventory.. coding and designing emus/roms for the original microsoft xbox over the course of 16 years was challenging but there was nothing i couldn't get to work ever...

Ok, the most common problems are the check boxes in the "Emulator Details" tab and the "Associated Platoforms" tab having unmatched platform names or bad command line parmeters (especially with Retroarch).

Those are always my first places to check when there is a problem with a game or emulator if the emulator itself is working fine.

• Like 1

COULD really kick myself in the arse... settings was the main issue the snes roms i did test load up perfectly... I see now my main issue was thinking tha having #Retroarch set as main emu would run any and everything thing.. It doesn't as awesome as it is... I fixed all my snes stuff then added xsnesx emu and .exe file etc and viola!

now I am sure I can get anything to work long as i make damn sure the settings are correct.

new issue im a 17inch alienware laptop but idk if that is my issue though it always cut off things i can see on larger monitors..

how the hell do i get my bb to look and run like this one? cause i have correctly added that theme yet mine doesn't do any of those insane effects and video preview etc...