LaunchBox Community Forums

7.7-beta-9 Released

Jason Carr

Alright, beta 9 is out. Here are the relevant changes/additions:

- Improvement: A new column has been added to audits that specify how many additional applications are on each game and links directly to them (should help with combined games going forward)

- Improvement: When deleting games with ROM deletes enabled, the user is now prompted to delete additional application ROMs as well

- Improvement: Disc number ROM file name parsing has been improved to support more formats, and side A and side B are now parsed as well

- Fixed: LEDBlinky was not being sent Game Start commands for Steam and other URL-based games

The only thing left to work on before I'd say we're ready for an official release is manual combinations and expansions for specific games (the ability to select a few games and manually combine them, or expand a game's additional apps out to separate games). We'll likely work on this in the live stream tomorrow. Other than that, I'll be focusing on squashing as many bugs as I can and we'll put out the official release here very soon.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

- Improvement: Disc number ROM file name parsing has been improved to support more formats, and side A and side B are now parsed as well

Does this work for multi-disk multi-side games? On some of the larger C64 games there are instances where you've got multiple disks and each of those disks are split between side A and side B.

It's kindof a non-issue honestly, because by and large you have to start C64 games with Disk 1 Side A anyway and disk-swapping is going to be taking place in-emulator. I'm mostly just curious.

1 minute ago, Zombeaver said:

Does this work for multi-disk multi-side games? On some of the larger C64 games there are instances where you've got multiple disks and each of those disks are split between side A and side B.

It's kindof a non-issue honestly, because by and large you have to start C64 games with Disk 1 Side A anyway and disk-swapping is going to be taking place in-emulator. I'm mostly just curious.

Yes, in theory, it should. Honestly I don't have a good set of ROMs to test that stuff, so any testing you can do would be appreciated. :)

Okay, no problem. I'll test it tonight and see what happens :P

Like I said though, it doesn't really matter (in the case of the C64 anyway) because nearly all multi-disk games won't actually start unless they're started with Disk 1 Side A (so an additional app for additional disks doesn't really do anything in that scenario). I usually just recommend that people only import Disk 1 Side A because it's the only one that'll boot. This should, however, help people not have a huge mess of duplicate entries on their initial import even if they don't pick and choose to only import Disk 1 Side A though, so that's still nice!

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is just me but when using the combine roms feature Launch Box will pick a beta version of the rom over the full version.

For example if i have "GameName (usa)" and "GameName (usa) (beta)" the beta version will be the default rom after import. 

Would there be a way of having Launch Box pick the beta as the additional app on import?

Edited by Scottad

14 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@Jason Carr

I just re-tested my Apple II rom set with 7.7-beta-9
Unfortunately, the problem I had described in my previous post still exist. I provided a link to my previous post below so you don't have to hunt for that information.
I also understand that without having those roms yourself, it is difficult to reproduce the problem. For this reason, I am attaching a 7zip file which contains fake roms (simple text files) that matches the entire Apple II roms I'm trying to import. All you would need to do is extract these fake roms to any folder and Import them so you could easily reproduce the problem I am observing.

If there is anything else you would like me to provide, please let me know. I'll be happy to do so. :D

List of Games where the default ROM file (first textbox under the Launcher tab while editing a game) was left blank. The ROMs listed below should have been the default ROMs but the textbox was instead left empty:

• 221B Baker Street (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Adventure Construction Set (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Arthur - The Quest for Excalibur (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Black Cauldron, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Bureaucracy (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Dark Crystal, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Empire - Wargame of the Century (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Games - Winter Edition, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Moebius (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Phantasie III (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Pirates! (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Questron II (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Struggle of Guadalcanal, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • War of the Lance (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Wheel of Fortune (Sharedata) (USA) (Side A).txt
  • Wizard of Oz, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt

Missing Additional Applications:

• 221B Baker Street (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • 221B Baker Street (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt
  • Adventure Construction Set (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Adventure Construction Set (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt
  • Adventure Construction Set (USA) (Disk 2 Side A) (Data).txt
  • Adventure Construction Set (USA) (Disk 2 Side B) (Data).txt
  • Arthur - The Quest for Excalibur (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Arthur - The Quest for Excalibur (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt
  • Arthur - The Quest for Excalibur (USA) (Disk 2 Side A).txt
  • Arthur - The Quest for Excalibur (USA) (Disk 2 Side B).txt
  • Battle of Napoleon (USA) (Disk 2 Side A) (Game).txt
  • Battle of Napoleon (USA) (Disk 2 Side B) (Game).txt
  • Battle of Napoleon (USA) (Disk 3 Side A) (Scenario).txt
  • Battle of Napoleon (USA) (Disk 3 Side B) (Scenario).txt
  • Black Cauldron, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Black Cauldron, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt
  • Black Cauldron, The (USA) (Disk 2 Side A).txt
  • Black Cauldron, The (USA) (Disk 2 Side B).txt
  • Bureaucracy (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Bureaucracy (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt
  • Dark Crystal, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Dark Crystal, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt
  • Dark Crystal, The (USA) (Disk 2 Side A).txt
  • Dark Crystal, The (USA) (Disk 2 Side B).txt
  • Empire - Wargame of the Century (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Empire - Wargame of the Century (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt
  • Flight Simulator II (USA) (Disk 08 Side A).txt
  • Flight Simulator II (USA) (Disk 08 Side B).txt
  • Games - Winter Edition, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Games - Winter Edition, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt
  • Games - Winter Edition, The (USA) (Disk 2 Side A).txt
  • Games - Winter Edition, The (USA) (Disk 2 Side B).txt
  • Garry Kitchen's Gamemaker (USA) (Disk 3 Side A) (Sci-Fi Library).txt
  • Garry Kitchen's Gamemaker (USA) (Disk 3 Side B) (Sci-Fi Library).txt
  • Garry Kitchen's Gamemaker (USA) (Disk 4 Side A) (Sports Library).txt
  • Garry Kitchen's Gamemaker (USA) (Disk 4 Side B) (Sports Library).txt
  • Moebius (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Moebius (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt
  • Phantasie III (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Phantasie III (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt
  • Pirates! (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Pirates! (USA) (Disk 1 Side B) (Game).txt
  • Questron II (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Questron II (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt
  • Struggle of Guadalcanal, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Struggle of Guadalcanal, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt
  • Super Sunday (USA) (Disk 3 Side A) (1986 Teams).txt
  • Super Sunday (USA) (Disk 3 Side B) (1986 Teams).txt
  • War of the Lance (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • War of the Lance (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt
  • Wizard of Oz, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side A).txt
  • Wizard of Oz, The (USA) (Disk 1 Side B).txt

Fake Apple II ROMs.7z

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scottad said:

I'm not sure if this is just me but when using the combine roms feature Launch Box will pick a beta version of the rom over the full version.

For example if i have "GameName (usa)" and "GameName (usa) (beta)" the beta version will be the default rom after import. 

My assumption is it's just putting them in alphabetical order (and "b" is before "u").

2 hours ago, Scottad said:

Would there be a way of having Launch Box pick the beta as the additional app on import?

As far as doing it automatically, I'm not sure - but worst case scenario you could change the default by going into additional apps, going to the (usa) one and pressing "make default".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scottad said:

I see, I think this is just because I don't have (beta) being marked as a prototype currently. I'll fix that. :)

• Like 1