LaunchBox Community Forums

Several Issues with Launchbox I'd love HELP WITH PLEASE!

ResidentEvul13

I have been working around the clock night/day trying to tweak lb/bb like it is on my alienware laptop vs my console.

and then i noticed on my console my user/windows folders were missing preventing me from being able to set bigbox up through my kodi build.

days i tried to figure it out until some of you said it was absolutely fine to relocate my entire launchbox folder to where-ever.

Great! now kodi was able to locate lb/bb exe and once again run.

NEW ISSUES AND HEADACHES!

Now keep in mind I only relocated kodi my emus/roms never ever moved from their location. Even though I never add them to lb I always copy roms from original location...

I have 5 not 1 or 2... but 5! emus that won't run at all since relocating launchbox but before they were running perfectly!

I tried deleting them and reimporting them but Launchbox is a smart girl... they still had same error...

I was then told by 2 powerhouses of Launchbox dev team to get notepad++ and edit my xml files to fix the issues! I was already writing code at the time for new trainers/emus on my original xbox console... so me Having OCD/ADD/ and ADULT ADHD makes it difficult to focus all at once... Anyways I started editing the xml [wrong xml file] in launchbox and after i realized i was messing up I just stopped and put everything like it was... My the screenshots will show several things

The way my brain is programmed you can tell me something all day and i'll either get it or miss it.. but if you show me i'll perfect it instantly...

I've looked at all the tuts and none of them showed any issues with emus breaking and how to correct the paths once broken to fix.

Can someone anyone please make a short tut on how to properly edit the correct xml file to fix my broken emus... I have a huge day this weekend to demo my

work for lots of friends/family and I don't want it to be half done and...I will also be promoting Launchbox/Bigbox and it's amazing dev team like I constantly do on social media but in person.

lastly project64 doesn't have same error as other emus but it does have one as shown in ss... it does work just fine manually loading roms as shown in ss.

1. BROKEN EMUS ON LB

2. ERROR I GET WHEN TRYING TO LAUNCH A GAME FROM ONE OF THE BROKEN EMUS

3.SCREENSHOT OF NOTEPAD++

4. A NEW FOUND ERROR WITH PROJECT64 WHEN ATTEMPTING TO PLAY A GAME THROUGH LB

5. PROOF THAT THE EMU WORKS FINE ON IT'S OWN OUTSIDE OF LB?!

broken emus and roms.jpg

gbc error.jpg

np++.jpg

pj64 opens with no error alone.jpg

project64 erroir.jpg

31 minutes ago, spycat said:

Hi @ResidentEvul13

The Project64 error may be due to the Don't Use Quotes (primarily for Project64 1.6 and lower) setting in the Edit Emulator window.
For Project64 to auto-launch games this tickbox must be enabled.

will try it and get back to you thanks... GEEZ! so many games so many systems so little.... time