LaunchBox Community Forums

My Hyperspin setup... and my questions

DerHof2007

Ok, then minor setback on cabinet testing.

My wifi dongle is giving me issues. I had to transfer the files with an external hard drive.

When I run Launchbox it tells me it needs to upgrade my .NETframework... so, since I can't without internet I'm down for now. Don't have a network cable lying around long enough to get from my cab to the router. I should be able to stop and grab one tomorrow...

Till then....

10 minutes ago, DerHof2007 said:

Ok, then minor setback on cabinet testing.

My wifi dongle is giving me issues. I had to transfer the files with an external hard drive.

When I run Launchbox it tells me it needs to upgrade my .NETframework... so, since I can't without internet I'm down for now. Don't have a network cable lying around long enough to get from my cab to the router. I should be able to stop and grab one tomorrow...

Till then....

Ouch, shame.

On the subject of using the LaunchBox option to also physically delete the game ROM, this feature does have limitations where a game with multiple files is involved.
Deleting a MAME rom will not delete an associated CHD.
Deleting a PS1 game will only delete the file that LaunchBox is pointed to.
As an example, my game Tomb Raider III consists of a CUE (tiny) that LaunchBox is pointed to and a BIN (large).
Deleting this game in LaunchBox only physically deletes the CUE, the game folder with the BIN file is unaffected.

6 minutes ago, spycat said:

On the subject of using the LaunchBox option to also physically delete the game ROM, this feature does have limitations where a game with multiple files is involved.
Deleting a MAME rom will not delete an associated CHD.
Deleting a PS1 game will only delete the file that LaunchBox is pointed to.
As an example, my game Tomb Raider III consists of a CUE (tiny) that LaunchBox is pointed to and a BIN (large).
Deleting this game in LaunchBox only physically deletes the CUE, the game folder with the BIN file is unaffected.

You should always point launchbox at the cue.

Thanks lordmonkus... I'll give Daphne a shot after I get other things up and running.

So I just said screw it and paid for premium... $20 is no big deal and if everything is as great as it seems then I'll upgrade to lifetime.

Quick test of LedBlinky... simply enabled it and pointed to the directory in my HS folder and it seems to be working just like it did with Hyperspin including all correct colors for MAME controls.

One question I need for now... I have to change the keyboard mappings. For one thing with a 4 player setup the bulk of my keyboard is used up. Some of these options I don't need at all like volume controls.... how do I select 'none' for these. I can't see how to select a command without assigning a key to it....

Oh yeah.... where is the option to disable bezels? Is this something I could set up to toggle while in the game?

Edited by DerHof2007
additional question

6 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Mame is gonna look for them in the Mame\samples folder unless you change it in the mame.ini

Well, since I imported the roms I don't even have a MAME folder anymore... LB made its own folder called arcade. I'm thinking I'll be better off if I just copy my MAME folder over to the games directory and just point LB to that location.

5 minutes ago, DerHof2007 said:

Well, since I imported the roms I don't even have a MAME folder anymore... LB made its own folder called arcade. I'm thinking I'll be better off if I just copy my MAME folder over to the games directory and just point LB to that location.

Where is your mame executable ?