LaunchBox Community Forums

Check if I have all the Roms for a particular system?

dub

Not checking for all games specifically I don't think, at least I'm not sure if that was originally intended. There is a lot we could do with Audits though, and this would be pretty cool and something I am sure Jason would want to do. However, since we're rom set agnostic, what do we check a full list against? How do we make sure the check is accurate? Those are legit questions, not trying to say this wont or couldn't happen.

Could also check against dats from Dat-o-matic. This functionality already exists in Clrmamepro. You put in a dat file and do a scan. I'm pretty sure it checks for CRCs as well. Works for any system that has a dat file. But I guess somebody has to write the dats, and even no intro does updates to their lists. I remember once checking a pretty popular system against a dat and having left over roms.

I guess what I'm saying is for a lot of systems it isn't an easy task to create a "perfect" set. It probably requires a lot of research. In summation, yeah use no intro when possible and try not to worry too much about perfection. Just my advice. :D

• 4 years later...