LaunchBox Community Forums

LB trying to make music folders on a drive that doesn't exist

DOS76

I'm running into issues where when I stop either LB or BB it is coming to a point where it crashes because it is trying to create a path to E:\Emulators\LaunchBox\Music\Platform (I put the generic platform because I've seen the issue now with two different platforms in the error message the issue is this tablet only has two drives C and D so of course the program trying to install anything to an E drive will cause an issue I perfectly understand that. I've used NotePad++ and opened every XML in LB folder and can't find anything looking for any type of E; path so this error is so weird. 58ac51de4e2d4_MusicErrorMessage.thumb.PNG.f3be46bf1b7d2e99ceca87758dbc0d5d.PNG

Okay really weird popped out the SD card this is all installed on and tested in another PC working fine then I ejected the card put it back in the original tablet and get the error message again. So then I change the drive letter to the SD card to match the path that LB is looking for and it is working again but I'm really confused as to what caused the issue to begin and why it worked with the D: path on my other machine but it won't on this particular one.

I did that before posting used every XML in the folder. I ran a chkdsk on the SD card and there were some corruption issues don't know if that was it like i said I switched PC's and it worked fine using the same drive letter as on the tablet on the laptop I tested it with. Since changing the path everything works just don't know what it was.

• 7 years later...
On 3/31/2024 at 1:40 AM, Briantodd said:

I currently have run into the exact same issue 

Has anyone found a solution ?

7 year necro lol. Check the folders one the platform in question, sounds like the music folder may have been changed to a location we can't create the folder in.