LaunchBox Community Forums

Games titles showing (number)

slightly76

My launchbox has started showing what I assume was at one point a play count total for one of my platforms (PC). The number hasn't changed since it appeared (despite adding plays since it appeared). Is there any way to get rid of it?

Example;

(15) Hearthsone.

Edited by slightly76

Could you screenshot this? Is the play count right next to the wheel/name like that? Or is it next to the play count field? Unless that is a view option in BB I've never seen that. 

Edit: Also, do you have other platforms? I ask because I've personally noticed that if I go play a game on a platform, then come back out to the main platform menu, the play count doesn't update until I "Step off" of that platform and come back to it. 

Edited by Zeromod

I closed LB, deleted the [cache] folder itself and relaunched LB. Bad news is I still have the play count numbers in the title. Good news is that the numbers are at least showing the correct play counts now!

This is regardless of which "arrange by" option is selected (play count/title etc...)

playcount.jpg

Edited by slightly76
now with added image!

Now that you mention it, this same thing started for me after I had sorted by region. I was going through and updating metadata and hiding games without art, and I figured sorting them would get the artless ones more clustered together for bulk edit. It affected a few of platforms. Pc and ds for sure. Why not give it a couple of days and see if it doesn't fix itself. I know that's a weird thing to say about machines, but I didnt delete any folders or take any steps. I just continued importing as usual and it eventually righted itself. Must have been rapidly too because I just forgot about it unil now haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I just tested it and I can reproduce it, so it’s definitely a bug.

If you arrange them by play count, release date, etc. LB starts to show these values right in front of the game names and if you change the arrangements again to a different sort type these values will stay. So if you have selected Play Counts first you will always see them in front of the title no matter what other arrangement type you choose.

I could also narrow it down even further. It’s directly related to the cache. If the cache for a game was already created than will this game be unaffected by this but if it wasn’t cached already it will have the value of the current arrangement settings in front of it.

So if you select arrange by title, close LB, delete the cache folder, open it again and let all games be cached again before you choose a different arrangement type you should be fine. But that’s obviously not an ideal solution, so @Jason Carr definitely needs to take a look at this.

• Like 3