LaunchBox Community Forums

REQUEST - Show controller mappings before launching game?

The IVI

@Retro808
There does not seem to be a "Visual Pinaball X" background image. Instead, your startup screen shows an arcade machine with a don't use drugs sign in the middle, when I start my Visual pinball X tables/platform. Where is this image coming from?... I dont see it in any of your image folders. I tried adding a jpeg and PNG image named the same as my "Visual Pinball X" platform. But it does not work... still shows the aforementioned arcade image with don't use drugs in the middle.

3 hours ago, ItchyRobot said:

@Retro808
There does not seem to be a "Visual Pinaball X" background image. Instead, your startup screen shows an arcade machine with a don't use drugs sign in the middle, when I start my Visual pinball X tables/platform. Where is this image coming from?... I dont see it in any of your image folders. I tried adding a jpeg and PNG image named the same as my "Visual Pinball X" platform. But it does not work... still shows the aforementioned arcade image with don't use drugs in the middle.

That's the default fallback so an image is at least shown if there is no platform background image. Background images are located inside the startup theme's folder.

That arcade image you see is named "Default.jpg" so you can use any image you want as a default. Just add it an name it Default.jpg. I did not add a ton of images as this theme was just something I tinkered with to help Sirgubster9. So it was not a complete collection of media. All you need to do is add more images for your platforms that do not have any. Make sure to name them exactly as the platform is named in your LB set-up. 

Add background images to:

\LaunchBox\StartupThemes\Multiple Image Controller\Images\Background\

23 hours ago, Retro808 said:

That's the default fallback so an image is at least shown if there is no platform background image. Background images are located inside the startup theme's folder.

That arcade image you see is named "Default.jpg" so you can use any image you want as a default. Just add it an name it Default.jpg. I did not add a ton of images as this theme was just something I tinkered with to help Sirgubster9. So it was not a complete collection of media. All you need to do is add more images for your platforms that do not have any. Make sure to name them exactly as the platform is named in your LB set-up. 

Add background images to:

\LaunchBox\StartupThemes\Multiple Image Controller\Images\Background\

Figured it out... my file was named "Visual Pinball X.jpeg" ... should have been *.jpg
The file extension was particular

Edited by ItchyRobot

Hey so I got it all working amazingly except Nintendo and super Nintendo the controller in the top right hand corner is missing. I tried renaming the image as nintendo because thats what its called in platform list. Am I doing something wrong? I assume so since every other system works perfect. 

I ended up having to change my platforms back to there original names.  It did not like me using nintendo and super nintendo. But once I changed em back to super nintendo entertainment system or whatever it worked no problem.  I use Playlist anyways so no real issue there. Thanks. 

On 7/3/2020 at 12:41 PM, Retro808 said:

If you want to use Fanart in the shutdown you will have to actually replace several lines of codes. I did make a fanart version of the shutdown. Went away from it on the Startup as it was way too busy sometimes.

Here's a fanart shutdown xaml.

Default Shutdown.xaml 3.05 kB · 3 downloads

so you where right i was wrong.  the shutdown screen looks better the way you originally had it.  any chance you still have the original shutdown?  i tried to get it on here but the link is no longer available and i was dumb enough to just copy this one over the original

On 7/22/2020 at 11:13 PM, sirgubster9 said:

so you where right i was wrong.  the shutdown screen looks better the way you originally had it.  any chance you still have the original shutdown?  i tried to get it on here but the link is no longer available and i was dumb enough to just copy this one over the original

Here you go.

@sirgubster9 Just an FYI we may need to tweak the coding in the theme. The next version of LB that will come out will affect a piece of the code in the theme so I will have to tweak it to work. I have tested it with the new beta and it is not a major fix. Just a heads up in case you try using the beta LB version or for when the next stable version drops. It is just a small matter of replacing a few areas of text.

Oh that is very good to know. I don't normally try betas but when the legit version comes out I always update so thank you. That would be great. I'm loving the theme. I'm still working on changing all the controls to game specific... Speaking of is there an easy way to like export a list of all the games one has so I could keep track? 

• 8 months later...
On 3/26/2017 at 3:46 AM, The IVI said:

Hey, I just finished all of the XBONE controllers.

All of the consoles I've missed, N64, Playstation etc. will be in the next post with all controllers.

Nintendo Entertainment System (XBONE).png

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (XBONE).png

Nintendo GameCube (XBONE).png

Nintendo Game Boy (XBONE).png

Nintendo Game Boy Color (XBONE).png

Nintendo Game Boy Advance (XBONE).png

Nintendo DS (XBONE).png

Nintendo 3DS (XBONE).png

Sega Master System (XBONE).png

Sega Genesis (XBONE).png

Sega CD (XBONE).png

Sega 32X (XBONE).png

Sega Dreamcast (XBONE).png

Sega Game Gear (XBONE).png

I might have missed an update to this post...were the other Xbox One controller images (N64, Playstation etc.) ever posted anywhere?

Edited by drw4013

• 4 months later...