LaunchBox Community Forums

Exiting Games/Emulators

asantosjr

Hi guys!

I am very new to emulation gaming and I am having trouble to configure the controls to exit the games/emulator.
I builded a Bartop Arcade and in it I don't have a keyboard or mouse... at least I don't wanna have one.Bartop.thumb.jpeg.ee8a70a8d29b5a08df18a30466e2e4fa.jpeg
I also configured the controller automation on Big Box to close the active windows, but this only works to some emulators.
On CEMU, when this combo keys are pressed it changes to window mode and I have to close clicking X or ALT+F4. Some emulators nothing happen, and the only way to switch games is rebooting the machine.
How you guys configured to exit the game/emulator in machines that doesn't have keyboard and/or mouse?

Thanks!

Thanks for replying!

I was using this. his is how my AHK look like:

Run, D:\nomousy\nomousy.exe /hide

; This section closes CEMU when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
    Run, D:\nomousy\nomousy.exe
        Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Also I launch the game with the "-f -g" parameters... And when I use my buttons combination to close the active windows, the game go into windowed mode and it not closes.
Any idea? Thanks

Then you will have to modify the script to execute when you press a joystick button. Here is mine:

#NoEnv

; Exit
4Joy17::
   SetKeyDelay, -1, 100
   Send !{enter}
   Sendinput {Alt Down}
   Sendinput {F}
   Send {down 1}
   Sendinput {E}
   Sendinput {Alt Up}
Return

I don't want to force quit CEMU (Alt+F4) so i wrote the above script. It goes into windowed mode and quits CEMU through the File menu.

The script is executed when i press button 17 on my 4th controller - you can use my script or add your own between 4Joy17 and Return above. Change 4Joy17 to your own preferred joystick/button.

Edited by Crush

• 6 months later...

With Cemu v1.10.0f, I am no longer able to exit the emulator in BigBox mode with controller automation.  I've tried all of the suggestions above.  Nothing happens when I press my typical controller buttons to close the active window.  I have to use the keyboard, hit Esc to go from full screen to windowed Cemu, and exit the emulator with the mouse.

Needless to say, this ruins the LB experience.

Any ideas?  Is anyone else running this version of Cemu and able to exit the full screen emulator with controller automation?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

6 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Have you tried any AHK scripts for your Cemu emulator in Launchbox ?

This is the one I use for it.

; This section closes Cemu when pressing Escape
{
}

Thanks LordMonkus -

I have tried that AHK script and the same with "Cemu.exe" substituted for {{{StartupEXE}}}

In both cases, I get no response at all in full screen or windowed.  I can exit full screen by pressing ESC.  No keypresses, even ALT-F4, shut the program down (windowed or fullscreen).  I have to use the Cemu menu or close the window with the mouse.  

If I run Cemu, I can close the program with ALT-F4 if I haven't yet loaded a game.  Once a game is loaded, however, ALT-F4 is ignored and the emulator can only be shutdown by the Cemu menu or closing the window.

I'm running 11 other emulators (about 25 systems), and all of those shutdown with ESC in LB or my controller automation combo in BB.  Frustrating!

Any other ideas?

Edited by smpetty

4 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

I don't know if something got changed with the latest version of Cemu or not since I haven't bothered with it.

Try this one:

Send, !{F4}
  Return

No, that AHK doesn't work either.  It seems that ALT-F4 won't work once a game has loaded.  The only keypress that gives me any response is ESC, which takes the emulator from fullscreen to windowed mode.

Thanks for the suggestion...

On 4/2/2017 at 3:10 PM, Crush said:

Then you will have to modify the script to execute when you press a joystick button. Here is mine:

#NoEnv

; Exit
4Joy17::
   SetKeyDelay, -1, 100
   Send !{enter}
   Sendinput {Alt Down}
   Sendinput {F}
   Send {down 1}
   Sendinput {E}
   Sendinput {Alt Up}
Return

I don't want to force quit CEMU (Alt+F4) so i wrote the above script. It goes into windowed mode and quits CEMU through the File menu.

The script is executed when i press button 17 on my 4th controller - you can use my script or add your own between 4Joy17 and Return above. Change 4Joy17 to your own preferred joystick/button.

I should add that I tried Crush's suggestion and got no response.  The emulator stayed fullscreen and kept on going...

how about trying:

{
    Process, Close, cemu.exe
}

Edit: also, I use xbox controller with back+start for the contorller automation exit. Maybe try another combo than what you're using in case it's clashing with Cemu?

Edited by ckp

I am currently running Cemu 1.10.0f and use two AHKs. One specific to my Xarcade controller since it simulates keyboard keys and one for my 8bitdo controllers. There may be a better way for me to do this, but for the past 9 months I have been using these AHK with all the different Cemu versions it has not failed to close. I know the first one I modified the keys from a post I found on this forum and the second one was from AHK forum I think. 
Capture-2.thumb.JPG.4a988d6dd786c890f51edba0015648c6.JPG

Edited by Retro808

I finally figured it out!

When things act strangely on Windows 10, it's often related to security, permissions, or administrator issues.  I checked the Cemu.exe properties and found that Cemu.exe was set to run in administrator mode.  I vaguely remember changing this months ago after someone suggested this for running Cemu optimally.  I unticked administrator mode and I was able to go from fullscreen to windowed mode with my controller automation combo.  After adding 

{
}

to the AHK Script tab for Cemu (in LB Emulator Setup section) it all worked perfectly!  

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions!

• 3 years later...
3 minutes ago, WInzen said:

THANKYOU!!!!

I recommend using the one below instead. It was discovered the Process, Close is not a good close command as it is a hard close and can prevent an emulator from properly saving settings or save states it may save during shutdown.

{
    WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...