LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Setup NEO-GEO Using RetroArch

destac

That was the bulk edit tool because there are many things you can edit in bulk with it.

As far as your NeoGeo and Retroarch issues are concerned I really am stumped at the moment. All i got left right now is a quick tutorial video I did for setting up the NES in Retroarch and LB. It's not super in depth but it does cover the basics.

I set up on launchbox my NES games with retroarch with nestopia core like your video, and I am experiencing the exact same thing with launchbox.

With RA i can play the game with nestopia core.

I had the same error on launchbox, with Attempt to hide console window on startup/shutdown marked.

Does NES need any bios to put on emulator system folder?

Edited by destac

So I still have te same problem with both NES and NeoGeo.

It has to be about the Retroarch itself right?
But I tried once with 1.4.1 stable and I had the same issue with NeoGeo before.

Edited by destac

I'm not sure. For Neo Geo I would just use MAME, and not inside of RetroArch at all. Past that, for NES, no BIOS are required. Making sure the Core is downloaded from within RA, make sure the command line is set properly (the Platform Name and the Command Line parameters (Platform Name in Associated Platform must match what you've called your platform)), and all of your games are using RetroArch as they're emulator. That's realistically all you should need to do.

That's what I am doing on both cases and still both don't work.

At this point I really don't know how to fix this 2 issues.

For instance, I noticed on retroarch, when I try to scan a directory (my NeoGeo roms folder) on the right menu option, he founds the games but it doen't create anything at all, but I can play my NeoGeo roms by using Scan file then load archive.

Only NES (nestopia_libretro.dll) and SNES (with bsnes_accuracy_libretro.dll core) was added on RetroArch menus, but no one worked for me on launchbox.

Is that normal? 

Edited by destac

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm still a bit confused; I think something might be getting lost in a language barrier. For the arcade systems (though I don't recommend RetroArch for them), as long as you have the proper roms and BIOS for them all together, you import them in to LaunchBox and set the Associated Command line properly when editing RetroArch, it should work. If it's not launching, then a setting in LaunchBox is not correct, especially if they're launching outside of LB. I would be willing to bet it's in the associated platforms tab. The system name in there needs to match what you've called the System, and the command line needs to be set properly. You shouldn't need to check any of the other boxes on the first tab when you edit an emulator. You might also want to try RetroArch 1.5. I do suggest users keep up with releases. It shouldn't change too much in this case, but making sure it and all of your cores are updated is crucial in general.

I think that's everything is set properly and everything is playable inside retroarch 1.5.0.

When I try to launch games with retroarch via LaunchBox anything happens.

This is my summary:

1. Retroarch Cores folder:

1.thumb.jpg.7d9a4be2d641cae5bedecf89d45f0bbf.jpg

2. Emulator configuration on Launchbox:

2.thumb.jpg.3c1b08661f1989f2f2121e62786ad76d.jpg3.thumb.jpg.ce8981843ce495a8cd38ca933a0860f9.jpg

3. Platform configuration:

4.thumb.jpg.3bd41704c0f56eeb03310e1641346240.jpg

4. Rom folders:

5.thumb.jpg.70f011f50f2980ce5ecf75bb94545b6e.jpg6.thumb.jpg.a9f81a6864d67c526232dc1de1864b20.jpg7.thumb.jpg.41b9759dfc4f260a63d92b479364d818.jpg

8 hours ago, destac said:

Can it be any definition inside retroarch?
I did the online updater like the videos, so I think is everything ok.

I also tried the same setup on other PC with windows 10 32bits but I have the exact same issues.

32 bit ? Are you using the 32 bit version of Retroarch ?

The 64 bit OS can run both 64 and 32 bit versions of software but the 32 bit OS can only run 32 bit software.

I can certainly understand your frustration at this point because I see nothing wrong with what you have shown in your screenshots.

When you right click a game in Launchbox is there menu item there "Open Retroarch" ?

I only have to thank you guys for your patience, seriously!
Launchbox have a great community!

Yes, I have "Open Retroarch" I and it works just fine, but it doesn't start the game, only opens Retroarch and no core or game is loaded:

1.thumb.jpg.6e1687a40601a8d27b3e9ef52d7e4589.jpg

Ok for now I want to focus on the SNES stuff. Do me a favour and use the online updater in RA and get the Snes9x (without a year in the name) and change your command line to use that core.

The Bsnes cores require special chips for certain games and I want to eliminate that variable.

Focusing on SNES:

I went to RA online updater and I got Snes9x (without a year in the name) and change the command line to the following:

1.thumb.jpg.45d49bd35f889dd1f1973cebd569e2e6.jpgI tried to start on launchbox more than one SNES game and still nothing happened.