LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Setup NEO-GEO Using RetroArch

destac

3 minutes ago, mohanned85 said:

my neogeo roms not playing too :(

We would need more information than that if you want any help here im afraid. Like what romset are the roms from, what emulator are you trying to use, do you have the bios files, do they work in just the emulator?

7 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

We would need more information than that if you want any help here im afraid. Like what romset are the roms from, what emulator are you trying to use, do you have the bios files, do they work in just the emulator?

the roms are from hear - 

and i only tried them in retroarch as i followed the video tutorial 

what other info can i give

• 10 months later...

The original post is ~3 years old, but I'm having a similar issue.  NeoGeo games run fine in Retroarch (using FBNeo or FB Alpha 2102 cores), but are not starting via LaunchBox (failing when using either the FBNeo or FB Alpha 2102 core).  I don't have the same issue as the OP (special character in path).  Is there a simple explanation for this?  When starting a game in LB, it shows the "now loading" screen and then just returns to LB.  I don't need custom command line parameters now that the Retroarch Core is specified in the Emulator's Associated Platforms page, right?

image.thumb.png.702bc3860e734942ee1b7c1e76e82b30.pngimage.thumb.png.9a96e6e3c13f165fe2811fe1af024a7f.pngimage.thumb.png.8deff68c625c539e81e528c3a555ae9f.png

Edited by drw4013
typo

The platform names don't match. It's called "SNK Neo Geo AES" in your associated platform screenshot and "SNK Neo Geo" in your game entry screenshot. They need to be the same between them in order for it to know that you want to use one with the other. If your Neo Geo platform is just called "SNK Neo Geo" then you need to change the platform name to that under associated platforms.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

The platform names don't match. It's called "SNK Neo Geo AES" in your associated platform screenshot and "SNK Neo Geo" in your game entry screenshot. They need to be the same between them in order for it to know that you want to use one with the other. If your Neo Geo platform is just called "SNK Neo Geo" then you need to change the platform name to that under associated platforms.

I knew it was something simple that I messed up.  Thanks for your help!