LaunchBox Community Forums

Bummed out, my Launchbox keeps crashing. "Not responding" QUIT or DEBUG

cleverest

8 minutes ago, cleverest said:

I was using Launchbox for months before with this same MB/CPU/RAM/HDD without issues...

so, does that mean if you roll back to an earlier LB version, you don't have any issue? 

edit: use the force Luke...think back to what changed just before you started having issues...

“Through the Force, things you will see.”  —Yoda

Edited by ckp

19 minutes ago, ckp said:

so, does that mean if you roll back to an earlier LB version, you don't have any issue? 

edit: use the force Luke...think back to what changed just before you started having issues...

“Through the Force, things you will see.”  —Yoda

Yes it was fine in a version before...perhaps 7.7 or 7.8...I wish I could remember which one...

3 minutes ago, cleverest said:

7.7 or 7.8...I wish I could remember which one...

ohh, try both, it's easy enough to try diff LB versions. if it only happens in 7.11, that really points to a LB bug. i wonder if the 7.11 .NET change had anything to do with it? I think Jason mentioned using the newer .NET in the next version, so you might try the Beta that is currently out now.

Just now, ckp said:

ohh, try both, it's easy enough to try diff LB versions. if it only happens in 7.11, that really points to a LB bug. i wonder if the 7.11 .NET change had anything to do with it? I think Jason mentioned using the newer .NET in the next version, so you might try the Beta that is currently out now.

I'm on it now..I got that update, same issue though with it :-(

Just now, cleverest said:

Do I just replace the main Launchbox.exe to try an older version or is it more involved?

Well, it might be that easy, you never know. But I would just try the older version on your flash drive and try it to keep things simple at first. I think you had the same troubles with the small test flash drive install. So just change the exe on that as a test. Or install the older version over, it. I think installing over it is safer because other things change too sometimes like VLC and whatnot.

I doubt it's the age of your equipment. I'm using a 2006 Asus P5W DH Mainboard with a Q6600 overclocked to 2.88ghz and 4gb Ram. I've only just upgraded to a fresh 64bit Windows 7. I've not done any Windows updates or anything and pretty much out of the box, my existing LaunchBox setup which I've been using for a year plugged straight back in and works fine....with 19000 games. I think the only thing I had to do was install .NET 4.6 or something.

Edited by JamesBond@ge

7 minutes ago, JamesBond@ge said:

I have an idea. I'm not being flippant either. Disable your screensaver. I never have a screensaver running. Worth a try. It might be interfering with something.

(If that works, I'll have your username. K thx)    ;-) ;-)

LOL you will need to stick with your own username....my screen saver is already disabled :-D

2 hours ago, ckp said:

did you ever try running LB in a brand new admin user account? i don't remember if you posted that you tried it or not.

No, I was ready to try that... and I'm hesitant to post this for dread of it somehow still not being true...

But **IT IS FIXED!!**   **GLORIOUS!**

I did these things last, in combination; the last one being doubtful fixing it, but I include it since I did it...maybe this will help someone!

1. Ran FREE CCcleaner, including it's registry cleaner (which I would never normally do)
2. Reset my BIOS to default CPU/clock settings...it WAS NOT OVERCLOCKED, I was still at stock 3.4ghz speed, but may have add increased memory/voltage set in one place anyways...forced AUTO to all.
3. Installed the latest INF/chip-set drivers for my motherboard...couldn't tell if it updates or just replaced what was there...
4. Updated by Nividia driver...it was only 1mo old however.

Been running stable for hr now, importing, playing...YAY! 

Thanks for all the help guys, the 'update your drivers' comment gave me the idea to do all this...appreciated!

Edited by cleverest
  • Like 1