LaunchBox Community Forums

NoshOnThis

nosh

9 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Just a quick note, i can still hear the easter egg while actually playing games. All other BigBox audio is muted when you launch a game except the easter egg. I am loving this theme. Thanks @nosh

Actually while i am here is there a quick and easy way to move the clock to the top right rather than the top left, i know it will be a xaml edit but some pointers would be lovely. :) 

This is the code in the views for the clock, all you would have to do is change the HorizontalAlignment from left to right.

<Viewbox VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Left" StretchDirection="DownOnly" DockPanel.Dock="Top" Margin="10,10,0,0">
            <TextBlock Text="{Binding CurrentTime}" FontFamily="Dense" FontSize="32" >
                <TextBlock.Effect>
                    <DropShadowEffect
                                ShadowDepth="2"
                                Direction="315"
                                Color="Black"
                                Opacity="0.9"
                                BlurRadius="1"/>
                </TextBlock.Effect>
                <TextBlock.Foreground>
                    <LinearGradientBrush EndPoint="0.5,1" StartPoint="0.5,0">
                        <GradientStop Color="#FFF56D0A" Offset="1"/>
                        <GradientStop Color="#FFFFD800" Offset="0"/>
                    </LinearGradientBrush>
                </TextBlock.Foreground>
            </TextBlock>
        </Viewbox>

8 hours ago, SNAK3ATER said:

Just to add on neil's comment I can still hear the easter egg even when i'm using other themes as well. I think it has to do with the placement of the Plugins folder within the Theme's root folder but that's my speculation though. Nice theme @nosh and I look forward to more creations from you keep up the good work!

P.S. For future updates you can edit the ThemeSettings.xml file to force disable the platform and game background videos in order to avoid any confusion from the users side. Just set the following lines to "true":

<ForceGamesDisableBackgroundVideos>true</ForceGamesDisableBackgroundVideos>

<ForcePlatformsDisableBackgroundVideos>true</ForcePlatformsDisableBackgroundVideos>

Ya I am going to remove the easter egg for now until I can get it working right and make it more of a rare occurrence. I do know about the ThemeSettings, just didn't think to set those. I will have that in place for the next release.

On 6/2/2017 at 7:04 PM, OmenBoy said:

Also I am getting this error when switching the main view when viewing platform categories.

Untitled-1.thumb.png.508d3b9e881a7ac84109d813477db583.png

I am looking into this. @Jason Carr was actually having issues with the scanlines not showing up but he didn't get an error. I am going to try adding the image path to a ResourceDictionary. If that doesn't do it I may need jasons help.

5 hours ago, nosh said:

This is the code in the views for the clock, all you would have to do is change the HorizontalAlignment from left to right.

<Viewbox VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Left" StretchDirection="DownOnly" DockPanel.Dock="Top" Margin="10,10,0,0">
            <TextBlock Text="{Binding CurrentTime}" FontFamily="Dense" FontSize="32" >
                <TextBlock.Effect>
                    <DropShadowEffect
                                ShadowDepth="2"
                                Direction="315"
                                Color="Black"
                                Opacity="0.9"
                                BlurRadius="1"/>
                </TextBlock.Effect>
                <TextBlock.Foreground>
                    <LinearGradientBrush EndPoint="0.5,1" StartPoint="0.5,0">
                        <GradientStop Color="#FFF56D0A" Offset="1"/>
                        <GradientStop Color="#FFFFD800" Offset="0"/>
                    </LinearGradientBrush>
                </TextBlock.Foreground>
            </TextBlock>
        </Viewbox>

Excellent, thanks for that, ill have a play in a bit. :) 

12 hours ago, nosh said:

I am looking into this. @Jason Carr was actually having issues with the scanlines not showing up but he didn't get an error. I am going to try adding the image path to a ResourceDictionary. If that doesn't do it I may need jasons help.

I downloaded the theme again and  scanline-tile.png was missing when I compared the files, I must have deleted it somehow. Now it works without the error :)

I downloaded the theme again and  scanline-tile.png was missing when I compared the files, I must have deleted it somehow. Now it works without the error [emoji4]

Oh good to hear. When I was looking at things last night I noticed that the scanline image was in the wrong place in the stack for platform view 4 so it wasn't showing up, that must have been what Jason saw on the stream.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, ninja2bceen said:

Oh just like the rl Easter egg that no one wants to admit too lol

LMAO so true. When looking for ways to disable it, all I found were threads full of people claiming it didn't exist. IDK if that's an inside RL joke, or those people really haven't heard the easter egg.  I actually disabled it somehow in RL, but can't remember what I did.

I'm getting always this error message, when I choose this theme an I can not get out of the options menu.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.4d9630dc037d273c07950240a87b0fff.png

The last sentence says: The module can not be found.

In the plugins directory for the theme, right click on the slimdx.dll and go to properties, if you see a checkbox that says unblock, check it and hit ok.

I agree this theme is unbelievable.  Not to be Greedy but where can I put platform banner requests in?  I'd like a platform category for Pinball as well as Sega Classics and American Laser Games,  Awesome job my setup just got a lot better!

• Like 1

Just now, jhleutho said:

I agree this theme is unbelievable.  Not to be Greedy but where can I put platform banner requests in?  I'd like a platform category for Pinball as well as Sega Classics and American Laser Games,  Awesome job my setup just got a lot better!

Yeah i was going to mention Sega Classics, it's the only Arcade playlist banner i am missing, i assume it was just a oversight, and that's fine it happens. :) 

22 hours ago, nosh said:

In the plugins directory for the theme, right click on the slimdx.dll and go to properties, if you see a checkbox that says unblock, check it and hit ok.

@nosh

Sorry, but I don't see any unblock checkbox. I don't think that I have ever seen such a checkbox in the properties of any file o.O