LaunchBox Community Forums

NES Black Box Games Bezels and Configs for Retroarch

MetalVinnie

NES Black Box Games Bezels and Configs for Retroarch

View File

Here are the NES Black Box bezels I created for Retroarch. There are three sets for 3 different configurations:  NoTV, TV, and ThickTV.

Download and unzip to your RetroArch\overlays folder.  Set them up through Retroarch.

You can also download the playlist and playlist clear logo here: 

Also, @CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT generously made an awesome theme video to go along with the playlist and bezels.  Download it here:

• Like 3

First, select the game.

Then under 'Settings' find 'Onscreen Display' and select that. Then pick 'Overlay Preset' and you can choose the config file for the bezel of your choice.

Then under Quick Menu find 'Save Game Overrides' and click.  The game should open with the chosen bezel every time.

Thanks Nyny77.  I admire your work.  Great to hear from you.

• Like 1

For those that want to batch the creation of .cfg files for things like this let me know....I have a guide over at Hyperspin I just need to put it somewhere more neatural if people are interested.

@MetalVinnie

I just set these up and you bring a very cool original theme for bezels afaik...not seen many specific packs like this before.

If its ok with you I would like to add them to the "official" libretro repo for this stuff (although they like me to PNGCrush them 1st)

I linked it in the download section comments.

This is the release format I will go with. [creator-name][specifics][bezel-name]

MetalVinnie_NES_BlackBox_Games.zip

• Like 1

It's all good.  Maybe you can make some sort of mention of me? If not, it's ok, it's all for fun anyway.  

Glad you like the bezels.  I've got a few more NES game bezels coming.  These new ones are taking me longer to make.  The black box games had sort of a template to work with.

• Like 1