LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch Box not importing all of my ps1 games

Tommy1981

I have read through the forums but can not find how to import all of my ps1 games. It is the latest US playstation redump collection with 1719 roms. I think they are all in bin and cue format. Only around 1450 import. I Did the rom scan and the missing games are found but at the end it says 0 games imported. 

I did see where someone said to delete the LB xml file but i did not see this in the newest version of LB in the root of the LB install folder. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. N64 roms imported great. 

Thank You for any help with this.

1 hour ago, Tommy1981 said:

I have read through the forums but can not find how to import all of my ps1 games. It is the latest US playstation redump collection with 1719 roms. I think they are all in bin and cue format. Only around 1450 import. I Did the rom scan and the missing games are found but at the end it says 0 games imported. 

I did see where someone said to delete the LB xml file but i did not see this in the newest version of LB in the root of the LB install folder. 

Any help would be greatl

Counting the number of files in a PS dump is deceptive, as Neil points out. You probably don't have that many games. Instead, it's counting discs. Some games have upwards to four discs. Launchbox has a consolidate feature that will import all of the dics for the same game as one entry. You probably really want to use this, but if you want to have all the discs import separately, you'll have to delete your PS library, reimport it, and untick "Consolidate Games" (or something similar,its been a while) during import. I would like to stress that there is no reason at all to do this.

The only other thing I can think of will depend on how you import them. Are you importing the cue files only (which is the right way)? If you are though, it's possible a few games in your dump might be missing cue files. If you're importing bin... its possible a few might not be in bin etc. 

Edited by fromlostdays

35 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

Counting the number of files in a PS dump is deceptive, as Neil points out. You probably don't have that many games. Instead, it's counting discs. Some games have upwards to four discs. Launchbox has a consolidate feature that will import all of the dics for the same game as one entry. You probably really want to use this, but if you want to have all the discs import separately, you'll have to delete your PS library, reimport it, and untick "Consolidate Games" (or something similar,its been a while) during import. I would like to stress that there is no reason at all to do this.

The only other thing I can think of will depend on how you import them. Are you importing the cue files only (which is the right way)? If you are though, it's possible a few games in your dump might be missing cue files. If you're importing bin... its possible a few might not be in bin etc. 

This could be it. I am new to LB. I just selected the whole folder where my ps1 games were located during importing. Should I just select the cue files while importing games instead of selecting the folder? Thanks again.

The best way to do it for disc based systems is "Tools/Import/Roms" on the next screen select "Import Files" NOT folders. On the next import screen that pops up, you can use windows search for ".cue". This will find all the cue files in the folder. Select all and import. 

• Like 2