LaunchBox Community Forums

Other versions of MAME games not showing?

stevaside

I had the Tekhan rom of Pleiades (pleiads) already & recently tried adding the Centuri version of Pleiades (pleiadce) because I learned that version has different features (an additional warp button, music, different sound effects, etc), but no luck importing it into LB. When doing so keeps telling me "0 roms imported" & it's not there in the menu to select & play like it does for some other games (For example, when I pull up Tapper, it gives me options to play Root Beer Tapper & other variants)

Just now, DOS76 said:

The forum is run by the dev he pays for the bandwidth and he occasionally comes on and does answer questions but there really isn't a team, all the people here answering your questions are volunteers doing  so out of the goodness of their hearts.

Ok didn't exactly know that...I mean you are one of the ppl that have helped me out so much as  well as others I just assumed you were part of a LB staff...You are def appreciated, so don't get me wrong..playlists showed up again BTW..what a relief! thanks again

1 hour ago, lordmonkus said:

During the import process they were most likely considered a clone rom and therefore not imported. You could force import the single rom on its own. during the import process you will get to a screen where there is a checkbox to force import duplicate.\

Hopefully that works for you.

Nope, that's not it...I tried installing the individual rom on it's own multiple times & each time unchecked the skip all clones box

So guess I'm just screwed again, prob yet another LB issue no one will respond to on here with a solution

Edited by stevaside

Just now, stevaside said:

Nope, that's not it...I tried installing the individual rom on it's own multiple times & each time unchecked the skip all clones box

So guess I'm just screwed again, prob yet another LB issue no one will respond to on here with a solution

I will help...I am willing to do a Team viewer session to help you in anyway or you can PM..We will get this solved to make your Launchbox experience a good one.

That's not the checkbox @lordmonkus is talking about, there is force import duplicate rom box, check that and try again, here it's the top option in this shot.

Screenshot (282).png

Just now, neil9000 said:

That's not the checkbox @lordmonkus is talking about, there is force import duplicate rom box, check that and try again, here it's the top option in this shot.

Screenshot (282).png

Ok well, forgive my misunderstanding on that one...this appeared to work...but honestly kind of let down with the support on here..it's been helpful at times, other times my questions never answered. This wasn't that big of a deal, but at the same time last night I post about a major problem of all the playlists I spent weeks putting together dissapearing after reinstalling LB & all it's folders, and I get crickets on it...Def not the 1st time either

Edited by stevaside

Just now, rexryan said:

I will help...I am willing to do a Team viewer session to help you in anyway or you can PM..We will get this solved to make your Launchbox experience a good one.

I appreciate that & sometimes I've gotten some good help on here, but quite few times I've never even gotten a response...This was fixed with the other poster's advice but this is the main problem I'm dealing with now that I really hope someone can help me resolve:

but honestly kind of let down with the support on here..it's been helpful at times, other times my questions never answered.

Well with all due respect there are only 7 or 8 mods here and the majority of them have full time jobs and family, and answer questions here in there spare time for free. We try to help and answer as many questions and query's as we can, but sometimes some slip through the cracks. There may of simply not have been anyone on the forums at the time you asked your question. As i said this is not a job for any of us, we all volunteer our time for free and i think we do a good job of helping users with the handful of mods we have. As for your other question i'll answer you in that thread. 

For real if people knew the answers to your questions they would help you out. This is a community forum with all volunteers so how you feel entitled to support is mind boggling to me if you need official support you can go to support@unbrokensoftware.com and someone there will reply to you I'm sure.

Just now, DOS76 said:

For real if people knew the answers to your questions they would help you out. This is a community forum with all volunteers so how you feel entitled to support is mind boggling to me if you need official support you can go to support@unbrokensoftware.com and someone there will reply to you I'm sure.

Well guess I'm wrong, but I was under the impression this was an offical forum ran by the creators & team of Launchbox.  If I'm not mistaken when I first came on here I noticed alot of replies from the main developer himself...So IDK paying for software & believing there was an official forum to get help on for it, don't see how that would be so far fetched for someone to have a little sense of "entitlement" there

The forum is run by the dev he pays for the bandwidth and he occasionally comes on and does answer questions but there really isn't a team, all the people here answering your questions are volunteers doing  so out of the goodness of their hearts.