LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME not working

Wheeler

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am  getting two errors. The large error I get first, then after I hit ok I get the small error. I should add that I used the "wizard" to put in my rom path and emulator path and I am using MAME 152 as that is the ROM pack I have (and the Mame UI works well with this version)

IMG_2220.JPG

IMG_2221.JPG

Edited by Wheeler

Okay your error say you are missing needed files from the roms but you say the games work from MAME which is weird the screenshots that @lordmonkus asked you to provide could really help us see what you have set up and if any of it is incorrect. Did you move your ROMs into the LB folder and if so did you edit your directories in MAMEUI to reflect the new directory path.

The rom files are in the C drive, and I did not let the wizard copy them over as it asked I said to use the files in the current location. MAME knows where the roms are located and play them from the UI without problem. All other ROMs / Emulators work just fine with the same option in the wizard (however the images didn't work like it did for MAME). Here are the screen shots you were looking for:IMG_2222.thumb.JPG.e3107b8942f5a09f1cccd39517d10176.JPGIMG_2223.thumb.JPG.a31d356997c52e1a66420b18fdccf5bc.JPG

Edited by Wheeler

Ok just out of curiosity what is the full path of where your roms are located ?

The issue is most definitely a rom path because that is precisely what the error is telling. That is not to say that you aren't telling it where your roms are or that the emulator on it's own cannot use it. But it could be the rom path is too long or something else causing it to not like the command line parameter.

Ok, so you don't have something long and ridiculous.

I'm honestly at a loss, it should work but then again it's been a long time since I have used a UIFX version of Mame. I have been using the command line version of Mame because it's just easier for me now.

I'll tag @Zombeaver to see if he has any input, I think he still uses a UI version of Mame.

I really don't see anything unusual, honestly. I use MAMEUI not MAMEUIFX but I imagine they should be fairly similar. I actually use RA for most of my MAME stuff, but I do use MAMEUI for a handful of games. It definitely appears to be some kind of rom issue, since it's not finding everything it needs, but I'm not sure why it's working in standalone but not when launched through LB...

MAMEUI-01.thumb.jpg.6810e4422e50cf4dbd557cea16a40f6d.jpgMAMEUI-02.thumb.jpg.d9b4c283419c2dcf23c9b357f03ef0cf.jpgMAMEUI-03.thumb.jpg.ca986671caf10d4a9e9ac9947ae53db5.jpg

During the import wizard you should have had a section where you can pick and choose which art work you wanted or didn't want downloaded. If it grabbed nothing at all for anything then you either had really badly named roms or something else really went wrong.

You can use Tools > Download Metadata and Media to have it rescrape for the selected platform.