MAME not working

Wheeler

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Wheeler said:

I cant thank this community enough. I am so glad I switched from HyperSpin

Sorry i missed your post earlier, so it's all working good now? Thank jeebus for that. :)  Yeah it is often a small typo or a little file missing somewhere that is the bane of the mods who help as much as they can, but sometimes have to throw there hand's up and say "we have done all we can i'm sorry we couldn't help" So it's good to see a niggling issue sorted. Enjoy your games. :)

@Wheeler Glad it was something relatively simple like the qsound file for your rom issue. I had the same issue you first had when you started the thread and thanks to all of our awesome mods you got it sorted. So I also have to thank you for getting yours fixed and showing me what I needed.  

It is funny but @neil9000 and @lordmonkus put it best, many times it really is something small. 

Mame can be such a pain in the ass too because of its way of doing things in terms of roms. Unlike other systems where you have your emulator and rom Mame has all the "parent", "clone" and "bios" roms. It's generally easiest to just get a full set of roms and the matching version of Mame for that set when you are just getting started out with using Mame. Once you get used to it then you can start doing more advanced stuff like pulling out individual games and their required files.

2 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@Wheeler Glad it was something relatively simple like the qsound file for your rom issue. I had the same issue you first had when you started the thread and thanks to all of our awesome mods you got it sorted. So I also have to thank you for getting yours fixed and showing me what I needed.  

It is funny but @neil9000 and @lordmonkus put it best, many times it really is something small. 

Thanks @Retro808, much appreciated. That's unfortunately often the case, something we mention is overlooked or not seen by the user, it's a difficult line to walk there. We try to just help but sometimes it's difficult with individual setups

@lordmonkus  I have to say though the pain in the ass that Mame can be is easily tamed thanks to the knowledge you and the others on this particular forum share. I have learned more since I joined in Feb of this year than I had the previous 6 months when I decided to revive my cabinet. The mods and many members on this forum have my utmost respect for how helpful and friendly you all are. 

@neil9000 You are very welcome. The thing that always sticks out to me is the command line parameters messing up RA. I do not know how many times I saw a post about RA not working and one of you always catch something as simple as 3 "L's" in the ".dll" or someone spelling Mednafen wrong. 

Edited by Retro808