LaunchBox Community Forums

Just now, Retro808 said:

@neil9000 Thanks. Just wanted to confirm you had yours a little different which is why you did not get the crash like Omen and I.

I kept the Arcade ones out of my Playlists after LB created them. Originally I did include them but preferred them just in Arcade so I unchecked the box. 

Yeah i don't have a playlist platform category, @eatkinola put out a new version last night actually which is supposed to fix your issue i believe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Here are a couple of shot's that hopefully help you out. If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask as i would like to get this working and it will hopefully stop a lot of users asking the same questions when you release version 1.0.

Thanks again for testing and identifying these issues. I've thought about this playlist issue some more. We could probably fix it by adding stuff to the appropriate INDEX file, but that would duplicate information that's already in one of the INDEX files. It'd probably be best if I find a fix in the code, and I have an idea how to do that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

Thanks again for testing and identifying these issues. I've thought about this playlist issue some more. We could probably fix it by adding stuff to the appropriate INDEX file, but that would duplicate information that's already in one of the INDEX files. It'd probably be best if I find a fix in the code, and I have an idea how to do that.

Thank's for looking into it. :) If you need a test subject to test anything i am happy to do so on my end if it's of any help to you.

• Like 1

@eatkinola I've noticed the video static that happens at launch is on for 5-10 seconds now, while it was extremely short before, is this on purpose or maybe something wrong in my setup? Also would it be possible to make an option to disable the video static during platform transitions? I don't mind it on the TV screens, but it's a bit distracting when it happens full screen.

Edited by Omen

53 minutes ago, Omen said:

I've noticed the video static that happens at launch is on for 5-10 seconds now, while it was extremely short before, is this on purpose or maybe something wrong in my setup?

For the latest version, I implemented a cache for games list details such as number completed, average star rating, etc. This info is not readily accessible from the LB database, so the plugin library has to chew on the data a little. Without the cache, there would be slowdowns on the platform wheel page every time the selection changed. The extra time for startup is likely due to populating this cache. I'll look into some solutions. I neglected to mention that in the changelog. BTW, roughly how many games, platforms, and playlists do you have on your system? This would impact time to build the cache.

53 minutes ago, Omen said:

Also would it be possible to make an option to disable the video static during platform transitions?

Yeah that was bugging me too -- just hadn't looked into it yet. Thanks for bringing it back to my attention. You can get rid of the TV static entirely by removing the VideoUnderlay (think I got the name right) property in the AutopathVideoLooperFramed controls of the two wheel views.

Edit: and I will look for a solution regarding the transitions.

Edited by eatkinola
additional info

Ok that makes sense then, I have about 9500 games on 46 platforms, and 17 playlists. I don't mind the small startup delay, especially since it's caching during that time.

I'll try removing the  VideoUnderlay and see if that works. I am really enjoying this theme, thanks again, such amazing work!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eatkinola said:

@neil9000: Please see if this version of the plugin fixes the playlist issue. You'll have to unblock the new dll. My arcade list is not populated like yours and I was only able to do limited testing. Fingers crossed...

Ao.Bigbox.Themer.dll

Thanks' for the updated .dll @eatkinola, unfortunately the issue still persists. I get the individual arcade cabinets while browsing my arcade playlists, but as soon as I click on one to enter the games list I still get the default PC background image. I am not sure what other information I could provide at this point, the only other thing I can think of is if I zipped up my data folder and pm'd it to you so you could test with my setup on your system? Thanks again for all your help trouble shooting this with me, if there is anything else I can do to help or test just say.

Cheers, Neil. 

@Maul83: As Neil mentioned, we think this problem is fixed, and I'll post an updated version within a few days. Just to make sure we're thinking of the same bug, do the platform views work okay? Is it just the game wheel that is not working as expected? Please look at @neil9000's posts with screenshots in this thread to see if it's the same issue. Thanks for your feedback.

If I did not read, I would not even know
I know many other players who have no idea what they are talking about, especially other players. I am a Rocket League player and I have the rank of platinum, I get rare items and adorn my vehicle. Sometimes items bore me and I buy myself new crates to draw new cool items, I buy the keys to crates and buy the same crates (buy rl crates) and that is why I recommend Odealo
https://odealo.com/games/rocket-league

Edited by fora