LaunchBox Community Forums

Still can't exit MAME

jagerbomb5150

Just open a game in Mame and hit tab. This will open the options to set controls. The exit command can be set to one or two buttons. I believe it is under inputs general then UI inputs,  UI Exit. Not at my machine to verify, but I think that is it. 

Edited by Retro808

This post says it can be done but you have to create your own dll to actually do it.

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=216824&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&vc=1

I suggest you follow @Retro808 advice and just figure out how to set it in the UI of MAME its not that complex and its a good thing to learn about the software.

Edited by DOS76

• 6 months later...

for the last month, the "Automation" keys were working fine with MAME, then after trying to get some wii-motes to work with some light gun games, my 'Automation" keys stopped working.  Yes, I can go into the MAME menus and set "exit" there, but what changed?  Something a config file?

Feels like i should be able to get back to the Launchbox Automation.