mylkman

Ok I followed the tutorial here to set up demul fromBrad,

Brad, bo-rad
Banana-fana fo-frad
Fee-fi-mo-mrad
Brad!

LOL

Anyway, 

IM having difficulty getting the game to start up AND couldn't find anyone wth this issue so maybe its just something small I'm doing wrong. 

Demul opens but doesn't start the game.

I have tried going through retroarch and some of the games seem to work fine.  IM assuming that some games just have a compatibility issue with reicast or needs a different bios.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Also, while using retroarch with reicast core, is there a way to automate or save that annoying pop up for the clock and date?

Finally, has anyone had more or less success with the redream core?  I believe it is newer so hopefully it works with more games.  THANK YOU

Yes, Demul was launching.  Just the game wasn't loading correctly .  I think it wouldn't run because the netplay was checked.  I finally got Sonic to work and a few others to launch.

Still tryng to be able to use a wireless controller.  I don't thing Demul or DCNULL allow this.

Edited by mylkman
Add

10 hours ago, mylkman said:

Ok I followed the tutorial here to set up demul fromBrad,

Brad, bo-rad
Banana-fana fo-frad
Fee-fi-mo-mrad
Brad!

A bit off topic but what the hell is this? lol

Demul is, to me, hands down the best emulator for the Dreamcast. It was last updated on the 11th November. The nearest in quality etc is NullDC but I was never able to use the analog stick in NullDC. Nup, I love me the Demul. It also plays Speed Devils perfectly whereas in NullDC the menu screen was all screwed up.

In NullDC's favour: it plays a few DC titles that Demul can't. Fur Fighters is one that comes to mind. It seems that Demul fails at playing a lot of WindowsCE based games which NullDC is better at.

Edited by JamesBond@ge

6 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Demul has actually improved its WindowCE performance and many games that didn't work at least boot now (I haven't really tried to see how well they played just that they would start)

Yeah, the only one I have is Sega Rally Championship 2. That didn't use to work but now works just fine.

Actually, I'm going to backtrack a bit on what I said. In NullDC, Fur Fighters looks like it was going to work, plays the first cutscene which lasts about 10 minutes and then cuts to a blank screen. That breaks my heart.

Slave Zero works in NullDC and not Demul which is good.

Just tried Sega Rally 2. It hangs on loading in NullDC and runs between 20-40fps in the latest Demul :-(

I got Analog controls to work in NullDC which is another retraction from me.

Hehe, after my post my up there, I thought "I know, I'll check my facts AFTER making big statements" lol. 

Edited by JamesBond@ge

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

Demul has actually improved its WindowCE performance and many games that didn't work at least boot now (I haven't really tried to see how well they played just that they would start)

Yeah, after my big sweeping and inaccurate statement up there....I've been sitting here ever since testing out what works in NullDC and Demul,

I have a folder of about 40 of what I call "Faulty Roms" and I'm trying them again in both emulators. Demul has released about 3 updates since I sorted Roms into that folder.