LaunchBox Community Forums

Pinball FX3 quick exit command

rtavani

your AHK script is a bit different than mine, i tried our but to no avail, pinball fx3 continues to use its default ecs key setting to simply pause the game. Instead of using esc, how woudl the script work if i wanted to hit "A" (on the keyboard) to close? to test

25 minutes ago, rtavani said:

nope esc still pauses. i wonder if its simply just not running.

If what is not running?

Not sure what to say. I tested on all my cabinets and my test pc and Escape works fine. Do you have a cabinet support code for your Pinball FX3 (Is cabinet support working)? 

yep, am able to directly launch tables and all. This is so annoying as i have set up well over 15 different emulators and having no where near the same problem as pinball fx3. What i mean by not running is that im assuming that the AHK is some sort of script which is running in the background, waiting for the right command to get entered for it to process (in this case, waiting for the ESC key to get pressed to exit). To test another key (not Esc), how would the AHK script be written if i wanted the "A" (not "Esc") to exit?

Also note that i dont have, lets say a store bought copy of pinball FX3 but i can verify that i have cabinet support (as i dont think i would be able to launch tables directly). would be great if there was a config  file for pinball fx3 to remap the Esc key directly.

Do you think there is any way to check to see is AHK is working in launchbox, another sort of test?

also thank for all your help so far

Edited by rtavani
also not that when i launch PBFX3 via launchbox, Alt +F4 does close PBFX3. It seems that the AHK is simply not working. Any idea is somehow AHK is being disabled (even though there is something type in the AHK section)?

Just confirming cabinet support as I know there is an older PBFX3 that can run a game directly without the code from Zen Studios. That one got replaced with the version that needs the code.

To see if AHK works test another emulator by using controller automation or an AHK. I may not be accurate in this, but I remember seeing something that LB sends a pseudo AHK command so AHK is not really running in the background. It was from a post when it was discovered the Process, Close option really is not good to use.

Try:

a::send !{F4} 

well would you look at that, using a different key, in this case "A" worked, somehow the "esc' key in my PBFX3 acts almost as if its hardcoded and cannot be over written. Very Very weird but at least i have something that work and now just need to do a simple remap on my arcade. Thanks very much for you help.

BTH, I didnt have a "$" at the start of the scrip, is that needed as i had it when i was using "$Esc::" ? just asking, tks again!!!! 

PS- actually took out the "$" in the original script you gave it and now that works. Esc now exits the game completely. 

So i confirm that this works:

Esc::
Send !{f4}

going to sleep so much better tonight now

Edited by rtavani

11 minutes ago, rtavani said:

well would you look at that, using a different key, in this case "A" worked, somehow the "esc' key in my PBFX3 acts almost as if its hardcoded and cannot be over written. Very Very weird but at least i have something that work and now just need to do a simple remap on my arcade. Thanks very much for you help.

BTH, I didnt have a "$" at the start of the scrip, is that needed as i had it when i was using "$Esc::" ? just asking, tks again!!!! 

PS- actually took out the "$" in the original script you gave it and now that works. Esc now exits the game completely. 

So i confirm that this works:

Esc::
Send !{f4}

going to sleep so much better tonight now

That was probably the key for you then. The $ is a modifier and was probably preventing the Escape key from sending the hook. I have it in mine so I can only confirm it works for me. Glad you are at least up an running.

• 6 months later...

for me, i have compile the script to exe with Autohotkey (named FX3exit.exe for me) :

~Esc::
KeyWait, Escape  ; Wait for user to physically release it.
if WinExist("Pinball FX3")
WinKill ; use the window found above
ExitApp

then, in the Launchbox (Script Autohotkey of the emulator) put this :

Change PATHofEXE with the real path of your new FX3exit.exe

Run, "PATHofEXE\FX3exit.exe"

Like this, the Esc work as intended

PS : sorry for my bad english ;)

Cheers

Edited by oneshout