LaunchBox Community Forums

Pinball FX3 quick exit command

rtavani

finally got launchbox to open tables directly and not start at the pinball fx3 main menu. Does anyone know of a quick way to close a game down. Seems that esc key will continue to go back to a previous screen until you hit main menu area. Looking on help on how to maybe set a hotkey to exit, tks very much

• 1 month later...

Okay... shortly after I posted my question, it dawned on me what I was doing wrong.

Pointing the path to Steam.exe (instead of directly at Pinball FX3.exe) with the "-applaunch" parameter skips that confirmation dialog.  I setup the emulator as such...

Pinball.thumb.JPG.f396914aa34692eb68c9497e604ed128.JPGNow, as you say, a quick way to exit the game from the table, instead of hitting ESC 5 times, would make it perfect.  

• Unusual Gem 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Alulabxxx said:

No solutions?

That script works perfectly. Make sure you have your control automations set-up in Launchbox/BigBox and as long as you have your buttons mapped for closing out of the emulator front end there and paste that AHK into the Auto HotKey tab in manage emulators it will close down Pinball FX3. 

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

2 minutes ago, Alulabxxx said:

I have copied autohotkey script in Pinball FX3, but my automation combo don't work, it doesn't exit from pfx3.....=(

Are you launching PBFX3 through Steam or PinballFX3.exe directly? If through Steam that could be the issue. I do not run Steam so it exits fine directly from the Pinball exe.

11 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Are you launching PBFX3 through Steam or PinballFX3.exe directly? If through Steam that could be the issue. I do not run Steam so it exits fine directly from the Pinball exe.

8 minutes ago, Alulabxxx said:

No launch directly PinballFX3.exe 

Do you have a cabinet code for the game?

1 hour ago, Alulabxxx said:

Yes of course, and individual table launch work well. 

Not sure then. I have it on 2 machines and works well. If you launch PinballFX3.exe to the main menu when you hit "Escape" does it close out PinballFX3 or at least pop up a window asking you to confirm exit?

Does your controller automation combo close other emulators?