LaunchBox Community Forums

Pinball FX3 quick exit command

rtavani

11 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@neil9000 No. Xarcade tankstick so whatever the encoder is in it. I just let it replicate keys the way it is programmed. 

lol OK, sorry fella. ;) I'm using FX3 but I'm running it god forbid through rocketlauncher, but my version is in cabinet mode, but not strictly speaking legit ;) so I don't know what I have different.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

lol OK, sorry fella. ;) I'm using FX3 but I'm running it god forbid through rocketlauncher, but my version is in cabinet mode, but not strictly speaking legit ;) so I don't know what I have different.

I have that same......ahem...version of FX3 and I have it set up on one machine through RL and on another straight through Launchbox. So exiting works with that AHK and button combos set-up. 

• 7 months later...

I'm having the same issue. I have Pinball FX2 loaded in Launchbox and use the AHK below to exit, and it works perfect.  I just loaded Pinball FX3 into launchbox (with cabinet mode) and have the same AHK below setup, but it doesn't do anything.  Any ideas why it would work in Pinball FX2 but not Pinball FX3?

$Esc::

{

Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}

}

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/28/2019 at 5:40 PM, mentazm said:

Trying to figure out how to close PFX3 with start+select on my control pad, any ideas folks? Works on my emulators, not on my legit copy of PFX3.

Seems this is not possible, you can set it to one Button. I tried two. Like this 

Joy 7 & Joy 8::
{
}

But this dos not work, instead it made joy 8 in to the killer key.

this is also mentioned not to work, here:

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm#combo

You can define a custom combination of two keys (except joystick buttons) by using " & " between them. In the below example, you would hold down Numpad0 then press the second key to trigger the hotkey:

however, wouldn't joy2key work. That way you could set start and select to 2 different (keyboard)keys and then set those two, in combination, to kill the game.

Edited by Karmeck

53 minutes ago, Karmeck said:

Seems this is not possible, you can set it to one Button. I tried two. Like this 

Joy 7 & Joy 8::
{
}

But this dos not work, instead it made joy 8 in to the killer key.

this is also mentioned not to work, here:

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm#combo

You can define a custom combination of two keys (except joystick buttons) by using " & " between them. In the below example, you would hold down Numpad0 then press the second key to trigger the hotkey:

however, wouldn't joy2key work. That way you could set start and select to 2 different (keyboard)keys and then set those two, in combination, to kill the game.

You should define a hold key and an action key like in the code below. If you hold Joy 7 and press Joy8 the command runs.

I would also recommend not using the Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}} command. It is a hard close.

Joy7::
If GetKeyState("Joy8")
{
   SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
   WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Return

• 4 months later...

In using pinball fx3 but do not have its as its emulator. I am launching tables directly using pbFX3.exe in the application patch and direct table launch in the application command line parameter section (in launchbox). because im not using the emulator the exit script wont work, any other ideas? 

12 minutes ago, rtavani said:

In using pinball fx3 but do not have its as its emulator. I am launching tables directly using pbFX3.exe in the application patch and direct table launch in the application command line parameter section (in launchbox). because im not using the emulator the exit script wont work, any other ideas? 

You have to add individual AHK compiled script to each game. Why not just set the exe up as an emulator? I have it set that way in one of my cabinets.

i set it up a while ago so really have no idea, but im testing just one table and have it set using pinball fx3 as the emulator and can load the table directly. I put in the AHK exit scrip in but still doesnt seem to work. Every time i press esc, the game just exits to the main menu of pinball fx3, im looking for a exit script which gets you back to launchbox

13 minutes ago, rtavani said:

i set it up a while ago so really have no idea, but im testing just one table and have it set using pinball fx3 as the emulator and can load the table directly. I put in the AHK exit scrip in but still doesnt seem to work. Every time i press esc, the game just exits to the main menu of pinball fx3, im looking for a exit script which gets you back to launchbox

Can you paste an image of the script and where you place it in the emulator settings within LB?

4 minutes ago, rtavani said:

very weird as i use this same script for other emulators, something about pinball fx3 which just isnt jiving 

Sorry, i quoted the wrong image. The AHK exit goes in the running tab.

EDIT:

You shouldnt really be exiting any windows game in that manner though, should always use there own exit through there own menu.

Edited by neil9000

i removed the script from the exit tab and put it in the running tab, restarted launchbox and which i hit the esc key, pinball fx still treats it as pause (which is the default setting in pinball fx), hitting esc does not exit to launchbox

image.thumb.png.44e78eb889751fdbb8d32e6d315d08e2.png

i even tried the following below to enable alt +F4 but doesnt work either. Pinball fx and its esc setting seems to be the dominant trait and doesnt allow the AHK to work, weird

$Esc::
{
}

vk07sc000::
  Send, !{F4}
  Return

Here is my exact set-up on my pinball cabinet. No issues closing using my buttons I mapped in LB for exiting a game. My settings pretty much mirror what you posted. Even on my pc with the Steam version the same command works. Do you have any other software running that might interfere like JoyToKey or something?

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 6.30.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 6.29.49 PM.png