LaunchBox Community Forums

Websites for Game Theme videos?

Xirvet

Don't know if this is the right place for this (feel free to move the topic if needed) but I am slowly trying to get game theme videos for my Big Box and I feel there are quite a few places I'm missing since I see people with game theme videos that I can't find

For example, there's this Waku Waku 7 theme in the CriticalZone screenshots that despite all I know of I can't find

HS_Theme_View_2.jpg.8285a3ab5dcb613b4992 

I know of Launchbox (duh!) and EmuMovies but are there any others beside? Does EmuMovies Premium have some exclusive themes? Thanks for any info!

EmuMovies premium will give you access to the FTP. That’s where you’ll find all the theme videos that @CriticalCid and myself have done. I’m working on adding more themes for more systems soon so stay tuned! Also, the themes that were used to make the videos were made by the folks over at HyperSpin and they have been nice enough to let us host them over at EmuMovies so if there are other sites hosting these let me know so I can inform @circo to get them removed! 

Edited by Riffman81
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Riffman81 said:

EmuMovies premium will give you access to the FTP. That’s where you’ll find all the theme videos that @CriticalCid and myself have done. I’m working on adding more themes for more systems soon so stay tuned! Also, the themes that were used to make the videos were made by the folks over at HyperSpin and they have been nice enough to let us host them over at EmuMovies so if there are other sites hosting these let me know so I can inform @circo to get them removed! 

Fair enough! Had a feeling it was the case but since I am a bit low on money these days I could not exactly test it. Thanks for answering, it was driving me a bit nuts xD 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, screwball69 said:

Good to know you guys are making more cause I emptied out the FTP ages ago.

Have either of you considered making a tutorial on how you go about making them so others can contribute some to?

I think @CriticalCid might have posted a tutorial... can’t remember though. My setup uses scripts to kind of automate the conversion/encoding process so it really only works for me as everyone uses different programs for videos. In fact, my setup is basically the same thing cid was using but I’ve made some slight modifications. If you’ve emptied out the FTP then you pretty much have everything that’s been done to the best of my knowledge. The only big set of themes that still needs to be done is the PC (Windows) platform which I don’t plan on doing to be honest. I don’t own many of those games and I don’t believe proper video snaps have been done for those as most of what I can find are just game trailers ripped from YouTube. I have some PS1, Wii, and GameCube themes on the way but very little has been made for those platforms so I’ve been holding off and putting those out in hopes I can add to them... What we really need is more people to actually make the themes as all myself and cid have done is simply made them available in video format. 

With cinematic themes being the new standard in video themes now, I doubt that there will be any new interest in old 4:3 HyperSpin themes. 

I’ve started to write a tutorial on how I do it but I never have finished it. It’s quite an extensive topic with a lot of scripts involved and I’m not sure if I want to go down that rabbit hole to maintain support for all the questions that will definitely follow. Currently I send out my unfinished tutorial + scripts per PM only to people who already have some experience in video recording, rendering and some very basic knowledge of batch files as it’s quite a lot to take if you don’t have any experience with things in that regard.

But on the other hand I think that @Riffman81 and I have the themes pretty much covered. I did all the arcade platforms, MS-DOS, Touhou Project and Unified Widescreen Main Menu Themes, while Riffman has covered the rest. Sure there are still some themes we may have overlooked or just got recently released but you can always send them to us if you want and we may consider it to record them in one of our next recording sessions.

As for what’s coming on my end: I have over 1000+ MAME themes that still need to be done and quite a few new Unified/16x9 main menu themes. I also got some new MS-DOS video snaps on my hands recently so I’m sure that some new themes will follow for this system as well. I'd love to do the PC Games as well at one point but as Riffman said I can't do them without video snaps.

I’m also keen on doing themes for Sega RingEdge / RingWide. If anyone has high quality video snaps for them then please let me know.

With that said: I plan to do them since almost a half year and still hadn’t found the time and motivation for doing so, so I can’t give you guys any ETA.

Well you don’t need the scripts exactly but otherwise you would have to edit every single theme manually in your video editing software. And that’s something you definitely don’t want to do, trust me.

I'm not sure if EmuMovies even has cinematic themes as they can be freely shared by their creators and don't require to be exclusively hosted at EmuMovies like recorded HyperSpin themes do.

You can find them here: 

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/11-game-theme-videos/

and on the import process in LB you need to check "BigBox cinematics" if you want to get the ones created by @JamesBaker as well.

Ahh cool, didnt realize that was the case since I couldnt find them on the Hyperspin site. I did find a site that wanted me to verify my Google login so I didnt go to it, was linked from a Hyperspin YouTube video though.

I'll see if I can fill some of the missing spots with these themes

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, everyone!.

Sorry for my noob question but, Im coming from Hyperspin and now Im fall in love with Launchbox and I preferer it.Im moving all the videos, images and ect from hyperspin and I want to implement all my themes also from there.It will working in Launchox aswell and if its, how?, because when Im trying to put it nothing happens and also the intro video of the game go off.Should I changed something?.

Thank you very much!.

Hi there,

launchbox handles theme complete different. There some fullscreen videos which are recorded hyperspin videos and so. This is something you could use instead

the media think is, you can link to the folder. Art is mostly available through the importer. Not every art will automatically recognised because sometimes the games have a slightly different name in launchbox.

maybe a good to start with importing the games into launchbox and then scrape the data from the launchbox games dB and emumovies. Later on you can fill the gaps.

that was my movement