LaunchBox Community Forums

Best way to incorporate arcade sticks

Aevans0001

Ok so I really like launchbox, but i have an issue with not being able to use both player sticks to choose games (along with other monor issues based upon this).  So I posted a topic about adding the ability to add more keystrokes into the hotkey menu.  Now in the mean time I am also having a problem with my old version ipac being detected occasionally.  

So my question is now, Is there now a better way of handling arcade sticks?  I would like them to be treated more like a controller and less like a keyboard,  I dont remember exactly which controller I got, but it was one that was a known brand 10 years ago.

Thanks dos76! I think i will be getting some of these also!  I have been having issues, trying to make all these emulators work with the ipac and started running into trouble.  I also have a trackball, and I was trying to dual purpose the left and right button as also button 1 and button 2 in emulators.  Most emulators allowed it, but then i ran into some that did not and so I messed with different key combinations, which caused other issues. 

Do you by any chance have a trackball also? 

If so, how did you run your buttons?

also does this allow controller 1 and 2 to control the interface in launchbox?

Have you tried any 3rd party software like Vjoy or Xoutput to have your arcade stick emulate controllers. I know in the past I used Vjoy to have my Xarcade Tankstick function like a gamepad controller for some Steam games. Whether or not that will let you do what you want with both sticks being able to control BigBox I do not know as I never experimented with it and I do not use it this way as I do not have these Steam games in the arcade cabinet anymore. 

The Tankstick has a trackball built in and it functions in most emulators like a mouse. It works pretty smoothly in Mame which is what I use it for about 100% of the time.  

• 1 year later...

I have 2 x zero delay encoders that work fine in all else (mame, emulators etc) but in LB / BB it doesn't identify each encoder as a seperate device so I can only map 12 buttons. IE if I map button 1 on encoder 1 & button 1 on encoder 2 LB / BB just identifies it as the same button not differentiating between the 2 encoders, very annoying & can't find a work round.