LaunchBox Community Forums

New Amazon Board for LaunchBox Bulder Project :)

dov_EL

It's definitely cool, but seems a little bit pricey. The lower-end model (Delta) that's just barebones isn't too bad ($111 USD), but the Alpha + 64GB eMMC + Windows 10 + case is $431 USD. I think by the time you get to that sort of price I'd just opt to pay a bit more for a laptop instead.

2 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

It's definitely cool, but seems a little bit pricey. The lower-end model (Delta) that's just barebones isn't too bad ($111 USD), but the Alpha + 64GB eMMC + Windows 10 + case is $431 USD. I think by the time you get to that sort of price I'd just opt to pay a bit more for a laptop instead.

this ? https://www.amazon.com/Beelink-Ultimate-Celeron-Graphics-Dual-Band/dp/B072KKFF4S/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1514924023&sr=8-4&keywords=beelink+apollo+lake

...what? I'm not sure what you're asking. LattePanda has 2 models - the Delta and the Alpha. They're both on the kickstarter page. The Delta's the cheaper/lower-end model.

I don't really see the Delta as being very exciting hardware, and if I were to spend the money that they're asking for the Alpha I'd just spend a little bit more and just put together a laptop that's more powerful. I couldn't see myself spending $400+ on one of these when I could just spend say $600 and get a traditional laptop that has beefier hardware. I feel like it's in this kindof weird hybrid spot. You can get a Pi 3 for $35 if you want a tiny piece of hardward that you can use for emulation purposes. That's a far-cry from a $400+ price tag. I'm sure there's a target demographic for this sort of thing, but I don't think we're it.

13 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

...what? I'm not sure what you're asking. LattePanda has 2 models - the Delta and the Alpha. They're both on the kickstarter page. The Delta's the cheaper/lower-end model.

I don't really see the Delta as being very exciting hardware, and if I were to spend the money that they're asking for the Alpha I'd just spend a little bit more and just put together a laptop that's more powerful. I couldn't see myself spending $400+ on one of these when I could just spend say $600 and get a traditional laptop that has beefier hardware. I feel like it's in this kindof weird hybrid spot. You can get a Pi 3 for $35 if you want a tiny piece of hardward that you can use for emulation purposes. That's a far-cry from a $400+ price tag. I'm sure there's a target demographic for this sort of thing, but I don't think we're it.

Apollo LAKE Cpu work Amazing with launchbox , retroarch , MAME etc. 
Shader work fine in retroarch ,  HLSL in mame not work fine . 
You can  emulate PS1 , PS2 , Dreamcast, GameCube, N64 too with Apollo lake

4 hours ago, DOS76 said:

what I'm confused by is you calling the chip Apollo Lake which is actually an architecture and has 5 different chips under it ranging from a 1.6ghz atom to a 2.5 ghz Pentium without really specifying which one you actually have.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/apollo-lake/overview.html

This https://www.amazon.com/Beelink-Ultimate-Celeron-Graphics-Dual-Band/dp/B072KKFF4S/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1514924023&sr=8-4&keywords=beelink+apollo+lake