LaunchBox Community Forums

import of mame roms not that good

andyco47

3 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

i have a backup arcade xml from my old launchbox setup but when i copy it over to new one and run launchbox when i look at a game there is no emulater for it how do i do it for all games in mame.

You can bulk edit the emulator. Just choose a game and then ctrl+a to select all, right click, choose edit, then choose emulator option.

Just did a test import and like the others the Time Crisis imported fine.

4 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

i have a backup arcade xml from my old launchbox setup but when i copy it over to new one and run launchbox when i look at a game there is no emulater for it how do i do it for all games in mame.

Now i'm confused, why are you trying to import if you already have a xml? Do either or, use the old xml, or do a fresh import without it.

3 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

when i skip fruit it still imports it.

Well i have never seen that happen before, i can't speak for other users but i checked the box to skip them, and they were skipped.

36 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

that wot i have ad to do but i should realy have to do that should i.

Not sure what is happening. I just imported a full 193 rom set on my test pc and Time Crisis imported and no issues with fruit either. The import worked as it should. I wonder if the old xml file messed up something. The fact that you say even fruit is getting imported shows something is definitely messed up. 

Just now, Retro808 said:

I use Mame as it will make sure it pulls up the Mame rom import wizard to allow you to check the correct boxes to weed out all the junk/broken roms. If you use RocketLauncher you do not get the Mame import wizard.

There is a checkbox on the last page of the wizard to force import as mame if you are not using mame as the emulator also.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

There is a checkbox on the last page of the wizard to force import as mame if you are not using mame as the emulator also.

Yeah, forgot about that. I do not really use RL anyway. Just been messing with it lately. It is still just as irritating as I remember it.