LaunchBox Community Forums

New to LB, having set up issues

noonoogroove

Hello LB community.

So im super frustrated...I've tried Hyperspin, wiiflow, and now LB and i cant seem to ever get these front ends fully set up. I thought this one would be promising due to the "user friendly" interface, but im STILL not doing something right. I followed the steps on the "Emulating the Arcade (MAME) - LaunchBox Tutorials" on youtube. All of my roms finally finished parsing etc etc. The rom directory is pointing to the right place..But when I go to play a game, it wants me to extract the rom, which ive never had to to when using mame by itself. I must be missing a step. Im also confused, cause the guy in the video from LB support got to a part where he seemed to be referring to an entirely different emulator or core when using retroarch....uuuuugh...can anyone help me out???? Im no dummy, but sheesh, this is so confusing. Im running mame 0.193b with a full matching set of split roms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUQzvbweVgw&index=48&list=WL&t=1159s

Going off of @neil9000 Make sure you are pointing Launchbox to the mame.exe and not the zipped Mame extraction exe. We have seen in the past people point it to the mame0193b_64bit.exe and it should be the mame64.exe. As @DOS76 asked if it works outside of LB then that is a good clue you just missed a connection in Launchbox, are pointing something to a wrong spot, or have something checked that should not be.

Edited by Retro808