LaunchBox Community Forums

Amiga WHD names are weird :)

ALIE

I simply got a bulk renamer utility and you can set anything after the _  and rename the roms you can remove and import to launchbox and work like a charm the images will then download for the games that's the way I did it I know there is ways to do it on FS UAE but for me this worked so stuck with it 

8 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

It won't show the symbols and numbers if you import the way I show in my video tutorial. You don't need to rename anything. Just watch and follow through video, it covers everything.

Yah I think that part of the video got a bit confusing for me.  Might revisit later when I have time to dice into it. But for now I have it working renaming them didn't take more then a minute so it's fine for now ?.. 

• 1 year later...

hi @Zombeaver followed your brilliant guide to emulating amiga, got it running brilliant but one problem, when iy comes to importing games to launchbox tried using the exporter to create the files to get correct names, the latest version of fs uae (3.0)  doesnt create a launcher.sqlite file any ideas what i can do? thanks 

4 minutes ago, reddingmyst said:

hi @Zombeaver followed your brilliant guide to emulating amiga, got it running brilliant but one problem, when iy comes to importing games to launchbox tried using the exporter to create the files to get correct names, the latest version of fs uae (3.0)  doesnt create a launcher.sqlite file any ideas what i can do? thanks 

I am using 3.0.0 and i have those files, are you looking in the correct location?

570798219_Screenshot(266).thumb.png.821dd4860852002457fadd56b50c6365.png

8 minutes ago, reddingmyst said:

hi, ive spent last hour or so checking even did a search on the whole pc, it doesnt exist on mine for some strange reason

It looks like you are in the wrong folder. In my image below i have those same files in that folder as you do (on the left) the correct folder path is on the right.

1191657861_Screenshot(267).thumb.png.26a806c9da48e23d66c2dcd3da77fc0e.png

1 minute ago, reddingmyst said:

nothing like that on mine i have checked app data , il check documents now, but in the emulator folder all i have is this

IMG_3999.jpg

I made mine portable by putting this in the folder, so all files/folders that are created stay in the same folder. Its simply a empty text file renamed to portable.ini.

portable.ini